THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping your hubby's cataract & shoulder surgery go well @beachgal
It's good you've got the reunion to lift your spirits first. Glad your hip is good & you are able to payback on the care situation.
Sending lots of healing vibes xxx

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

We're ready for hubby's cataract surgery tomorrow. All we're waiting for is the time to arrive! His class reunion was lots of fun and it was lovely to see him engaged with so many old classmates. He stayed surrounded most of the weekend from friends, near and far. :cheers:

It's gorgeous weather on the MS Gulf Coast today, wishing all my BS buddies were here to grab a shrimp salad and a cool glass of Chardonnay for an early supper while watching a magnificent sunset. We have to enjoy these amazingly beautiful days while we have them! :happydance:

Glad to hear the reunion was a hit and that you and hubby enjoyed it. And, that shrimp salad and Chardonnay sounds absolutely delicious. Wait for me!
:cheers:

Started on the "quietness" of the evening to help hubby relax and sleep early. We have to be at surgery center at 7:30 am so doable! Should be home by noon. Thanks for prayers. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Your positive attitude will go quite far for your hubby. All will be fine!!!!

Sending prayers that hubby came through surgery with flying colors!

Cataract surgery was a breeze! Well, except for the drops in eyes every hour or so. He did great. Resting again today after a little post-op appt with dr.

No fishing for him next week, though. Just too risky.

Hubby's eye is getting better each day! He actually took Banjo for a walk this afternoon. I think he realizes that he won't be able to do any walks with him after next Monday's shoulder surgery. I, in the mean time, have been squirreling away flannel shirts and soft lounge pants for his recovery time at home. :thumb:

Since he will rehab at our coastal home, I'll be near enough to our office to keep things rolling along without too much trouble. I know he will have more pain than I did after my THR so I'm not looking forward to those long days with little sleep for either of us, but will be so happy to have the procedure behind us. :bored:

I've alerted my family that we won't be hosting Thanksgiving Dinner this year. Just too soon after his surgery for me to try and pull it off. We will, however, pull out all the stops for a big Sunday Christmas party on 12/20. :egypdance:

Hoping everyone here is doing well and getting stronger with each passing day. With every step I take, especially now, I'm still so grateful for my new hip and all my BS buddies! Blessings abound! :happydance:

@beachgal prayers going up for your lovely husband! I heartily recommend that he buy a couple of those amazing skorts,, it will help his recovery,, really! :rotfl:
sigh, it's never easy to wait your turn for surgery. will keep an eye on your thread for updates.

I'm having flashbacks today while getting our home ready for hubby's shoulder surgery Monday. Putting things within reach, changing sheets and adding more pillows, ice packs in freezer, a stash of washcloths by the lavatory. All brings back such mixed emotions for me. Such a feeling of comfort knowing that it worked for me. It's going to be equally wonderful for him.

Wow @beachgal, it's here already! It seemed so much into the future....how are your hubby's eyes doing after his surgery? It's like all of us at a certain age need our 60,000 mile overhaul, and then we're good to go for another 60 years :yay:. All will be well and very well XOX

Right eye is healing fine although his eye doctor left a small stitch in place to prevent any jostling during his shoulder surgery tomorrow. It will come out next Friday when it's expected his last little blurriness will clear up.

It's a rainy day here today which is perfect for getting everything ready for tomorrow. I'm roasting a pork loin and making some potato soup for the days ahead.

Prayers to your hubby for a successful surgery tomorrow. I know he is in good hands with you by his side.

Post-op day 1 almost in the books. It's been like deja vu all over again. Percocet is the pain med of choice and too much overlap makes hubby itch. We've backed off a bit and it seems to be fine. His OS performed "the works" on his very-damaged shoulder. He will require arm in sling for 8 weeks rather than six. He's lucky his shoulder didn't need a replacement. Seems it was a mess.

I'm barely functioning on little sleep so I'm hoping he will rest easier tonight. Looking forward to his amazing recovery miracle!

I'm so happy to hear hubby made it through his surgery and has his pain under control. I hope you both got some good sleep last night. Sometimes I think it's tougher on the caregiver than the patient during the first few days of recovery. But you are the perfect person to be by his side, since you have been there and done that, so to speak. Wishing hubby a speedy recovery. Best of luck to you both.

It has been a rough three weeks but hubby was not mentally prepared for the limitations of his surgery. We're better now but it could have been easier with a little prep work. Lesson here, pre-op folks.

Sorry to hear it's been rough for you two. Too bad there's no forum for situations like your husband is going through. I hope the worst is over for you and especially hubby. Wishing both of you the best.
:sad::flwrysmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads