THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luggage out on the bed. Clothes stacked. Work is in a good place where we can leave it for a few weeks. I drive Banjo to his sitter tomorrow afternoon and will person all the way home but it's necessary for us to travel. He will be loved and spoiled as he is at home. More tomorrow as we begin the excursion. This was my "reward" for THR last July. Ah, bliss.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
@beachgal
I loved seeing your wedding picture! And the River Cruise is fast approaching. :kayak:
I can't wait to be on the other side. I agree with @Bfam85, it is very tiring to worry about the hip whenever any plans are made. But aren't we all just so lucky to live in this decade where THR's are so marvelous!!??

I can FEEL the anticipation and excitement in your post.....Go and be as the butterfly! You have truly earned this!!!!

Budapest, here we come! I'll be checking in with y'all as I can. Until then, blessings to you all!

Have a wonderful time, my friend. You certainly deserve this voyage. Have a few glasses of wine for me. I'll be thinking about you. Actually, a river cruise has been on my bucket list for years. I'm anxious to hear how yours is. Take care and enjoy every moment.

I'm so excited to hear about your river cruise! I would love to bust Europe that way! What river are you traversing? Enjoy every second!!!!

RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015

ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1440168722.128116.jpg

Quick update on river cruise as Internet has been spotty. We're seven days into trip with eight more ahead. Hip is fantastic! We've done every walking tour available, cobblestones and all, and have thanked my lucky stars with each step!

The second day I saw a woman take a fall off a bus and land on elbows and knees on sidewalk. She was in dire straits. Hubby and I helped her to bench while ambulance arrived.

Many on this cruise are mobility-challenged but are finding a way to enjoy their travel. The lessons with each moment are not lost on me.

Blessings to you all. More later.

What a beautiful picture @beachgal. You look so happy! I am thrilled, for you, that you are fulfilling your dream. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. I hope the woman you helped was not too badly injured.

:cheers: :yes!: You both look so relaxed and beautiful.....enjoy this trip. making memories for a lifetime!

"The lessons with each moment are not lost on me." Truth.

What a lovely picture @beachgal I am glad you are enjoying your cruise and have managed to do all that you wanted to do thanks to your new hip.

Grand picture and update I'm definately going green.

Legin THR Sep 14

I'm so very happy for the two of you! I'll bet you're having a grand old time and all pain free at that! How very sad for that woman who fell, but I'm not surprised that it was you and hubby to the rescue! So who you are! Have a great time! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh!! you both look so happy! And you are walking on cobblestone walks with not a problem,, that is so encouraging to hear. You are so considerate to check in and give us hopefuls a great confidence booster..
BTW- A River Cruise is totally on my bucket list. :kayak:

We've been back in the U.S. For about a week now but brought home nasty sinus infections from the cruise so we've been nursing ourselves back to health. All in the mend now.

Our river cruise was amazing and I am so happy to report of zero pain for all the walking and climbing we did! Many days I didn't even take a Tylenol so I'm grateful to have the experience I wanted on this trip!

Unfortunately, there were several passengers who did not fare as well. One lady fell and fractured her hip and had surgery that same day. Her son was traveling from Canada to be with her. Another had a heart attack. Another lady fell and needed stitches. Several had heat issues. All reminders that we need to take care of ourselves as best we can and learn to watch for the stumbling blocks.

Hope all my BSmarties are doing well. I promise to catch up on everyone's progress next week!

@beachgal
A pain free vacation! So great to hear! Very sad about the others...here they were so excited to go on vacation and never knew what was facing them. :-(

I'm happy you had a good time!

Yes! I too will chime in...glad your new hip held up so well for you. What a milestone! :yay:
Sorry to hear of the others....a very good reminder for all of us to always be "sure footed" in our travels.

Agreed tho personaly speaking I'm one of the people who tend to have my moments of flying with the guaranteed crash landing as I don't always look where I'm going, easily distracted me.

Legin THR Sep 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back