THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

jaydub63

graduate
Country
United States United States
Got a few minutes before leaving for the hospital so thought I would get my recovery thread started...feeling good, although a little anxious.

Good luck! Look forward to hearing from you. A little anxious is normal.

You got this! Go take a nap and then you'll already be on the mend when you wake up!

All the best today! See you on this side soon. Here are your recovery articles just in case.
Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery
Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?
BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

Thinking of you....You're going to do great!
Give us a thumbs up, when able :thumb:
We'll be here with fireworks and flowers :loveshwr:
Hugs
@jaydub63

Well wishes to you jaydub, we are all anxious to hear how you are doing.

Hi all,
Surgery when fine and I've been up to the bathroom already. Pain about 2 so doing well in that department. Got an ice pack and am chilling in the recliner while hubby gets some lunch.
Apparently my OS told my husband the joint was so bad he wasn't sure how I was walking on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

:welome: @jaydub63 :flwrysmile:

You sound great! Well managed pain, moving around, chilling in a recliner, lunch with hubby.....
Use that little miracle worker ice often! So happy to hear all is well.
Wishing you a peaceful night and some sound sleep.

Got some Tramadol and was very dizzy for about 30 minutes but feeling better now. @Layla a peaceful night is unlikely as they are checking me every 2 hours overnight. Hopefully I'll be able to go home tomorrow and get some actual sleep.
Ice Ice Baby is current themesong.

Ice, Ice Baby....is good! @jaydub63
You're right....they will come in checking on you. It's best though.
You'll be home in the blink of an eye.

Luckily I managed to get a good chunk of sleep the night I spent in the surgery center.
A nurse checked my vitals at midnight and said "See you in the morning." Didn't show again until 6:00 a.m.
I was surprised.....it was great! :sleep: You never know, you may get lucky.

Wishing you a good sleep and don't be shy to hit that bell if pain starts to climb!!! Welcome to this side of the journey!!! :happydance:

Wow, up and about quickly! Glad dizziness passsed. Rest is tough in hospital but maybe won’t be as bad if you get to go home tomorrow.

Hi @jaydub63
Great poem on your pre-op thread. Loved it!
Hope you're doing well and have a great night :sleep:

Just went potty and turned out the lights. Hoping for a few zzzz's.

Glad you are doing so well. I'll be in your "shoes" next week. Hope each day gets better.

Just started to snooze and...new nurse showed up. At least he was funny and shared his observation that his female joint replacement patients were pretty much troopers and the one guy was kind of a wimp.

Seems like I am progressing well - Just passed my PT tests (stairs and getting in car) so I will probably go home later today. Hope hubby is ready!

Yay! Go home and take it easy!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom