Revision TKR Jan’s new knees- 1 for the left-2 for the right<

I'm glad the red spot hasn't spread. Remember, you are in control at PT, not the other way around. Protect that infant knee of yours. It doesn't even need any exercises yet. It needs to heal first.

Hi @jboles, I'm glad your red spot and temp didn't get worse. On both my knees I ran temps, never over 101, for well over a week. Not sure why, no infection.

I'm not sure where Lexington is in NC. I do have a question about your BBQ from the other night. Was it Eastern or Western NC BBQ? I know you Tar Heels love that Eastern vinegar based but not this Tennessee girl!

It sounds like you are doing great! Happy second week!

Happy (?) Kneeversary! It sounds as though your weekend was a combo of Yin and Yang. Dang on the red spot and fever! Double-Dang on that over zealous PT person; ugh! For my $$$, really slow is the only way to go.

@becticu Lexington is pretty much in the middle of the state, home of the "Lexington BBQ festival " so we take our BBQ serious. It's a vinegar based sauce with red slaw, but you can drive 100 miles east to the coast or a 100 miles west to the mountains and the BBQ will be totally different, but all good! PT was very mild yesterday and will continue to be going forward.

@sistersinhim the red spot has me worried if it could be a clot, infection or a reaction to the implant. I'm supposed to have the right knee done once we are fairly certain I'm not going to have a reaction to the metal.

Is it still staying the same? How's your fever? I got all kinds of different colors around my knee. I even uploaded some of them for Josephine to look at. After being up and doing things, the dark spots would look worse. When I rested, they diminished some. I hope that's all yours is doing, just reacting to your activity.

I love Lexington BBQ -- I used to live in Misenheimer. Hope the red spot has diminished!

@kmak81230 wow what a small world. You weren't far from me. Lexington style BBQ really isn't like any other, not that others aren't good, just different. That pesky red spot hasn't gone away. I have a doctors appointment on Friday I guess I'll see what they have to say.

I'm glad you made an appointment about the red spot. That's the best thing you could do.

Trying to upload a picture but it says file too large. Any suggestions?

You have to use a program to reduce it's size. Usually I just crop it until it fits.

If you e-mail the photo to yourself, open it, and then choose the size you'd like it to be here. I find medium seems to work well.

Pheebs, do you email it from your phone and pick up the email on your phone or tab or laptop?

Paula, yes, that's exactly what I've done.

Yup - that's exactly what I do as well - medium size generally works well (if your phone asks you what size to send).

Thanks. I'm going to try to post a picture of my red spot. Doctor believes it's a bleed from PT. They outlined it today and I have to go back in 2 weeks or sooner if it gets worse. My X-ray of replacement looks weird. The all poly tibial component of course doesn't show, so it looks like my leg is just sawed in half. I must say it was a little unnerving!

Had a little mis-step going upstairs this morning. Was holding onto handrail but as I was stepping up from top step got a little off balance and had to put operated leg down faster than I was ready to. No pain at the time but a little sore now. I'm tired of being dependent on DH and even though he says he's not tired of doing mostly everything, I know he is. I'm doing a little straightening up, making bed, feeding cat, getting myself a snack, loaded dishwasher a couple of times, helped with laundry. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow, hopefully next week some energy will come back. I start outpatient PT on Tuesday and I'm going to try and taper off pain medicine. I take one Percocet 5-325 before bed and usually one around 4am. Then half a pain pill and one Tylenol every 5 to 6 hours during the day. So that's 3 Percocet and 2 Tylenol in 24 hours. Was hoping to go back to work after 4 weeks, but my energy is sure going to have to improve.

I understand your feeling completely! Just be careful not to do too much! I keep trying to add a couple of things here and there and then get wiped out - with no warning! It is part of the recovery. It WILL get better. But, it takes time. I've been going out to PT since the day after surgery. By the time I get a shower, dressed, eat lunch and go to PT, I'm wiped out! Some days are better than others... but, in a few months, we will be going strong ( ok, stronger!) As we've said so many times, this recovery WILL teach you patience!

Thank God you were holding onto the handrail and didn't fall. Things can happen in the blink of an eye.

I paid for that little mis-step last night, leg and back were sore all night. Guess I'll be taking it easy today.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back