Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

animated-good-morning-image-0022.gif Sweet Peeps and thank you one and all for visiting and good wishes, always appreciated. xx

@Mojo333 my Little Southern Belle. Keep up your good work and please stay safe.

@Layla ... I pray you are safe with the riots, weather and virus!

@leejaa ... I love perfection and beauty and like to share.

@marieltha ... I hope you are safe from Christobal and that your flowers are blooming for you to enjoy.

@Sara61 ... I appreciate your thoughts on not wanting to be a carrier! We WILL meet some day and sit in the Arbour, hopefully in the not too distant future. Phoenix is my Orthopedic arm crutch by Funkrutch ... she is Fuschia Pink/Purple with a black/pink/blue/silver floral stem, classy. I named her Phoenix as I am rising from the ashes with her assistance. I have a dozen canes, all floral plus one leopard print all named, mostly Southern names (Miss Kitty, Lula Belle, Ole Blue ...). Here is Phoenix ...

1591780437132.png

Well, my dear friends, I must love you and leave you and send wishes for good health and happiness to all. I will check in from time to time to let you know how dear you all are to me.

Cat Happy.jpeg Izzy xx

Good morning, @Izabel
I sure do hope you will pop in from time to time.:friends:
Your have had such rough times and so many setbacks, that I hope you realize how impressive your insistence to keep on keeping on is to me and so many others on the forum.
Full fledge Georgia summer ...temps in 90s and humidity is thick as pea soup.
Makes curbside pickup at the Food Bank incredibly tough, but good news is they are saying this horrid virus doesn't like direct sunlight or humidity...if that's the case, Georgia should be first to recover.:) :-) (:
Big big hugs for a happy day.

Dear Izzy @Izabel

Your home is a true retreat. So many glorious flowers to enjoy. Happy to read that you are pain free in the hip area. I bet balance will come along in time. Especially glad you have gotten out to enjoy your garden. I miss all our friends here. Happy to hear things are improving in Portugal. It has been cooler the last two days. We have “pea soup“ air normally. Love Mojos description. Spot on as usual. Just checking in to see what’s new with you. Sending lots of love sweet friend. Check in from time to time if you feel like it. I will do the same. Know you are in my thoughts. ❤️ xxxxx Sarah

0_flageagle1d[1].gif 4th of July.gif

Flying by to wish all my dear friends a happy weekend and special thoughts to the American contingency. Hubby being American is going to get take-aways, home-made quarter pounders from a place called Roosters near us, and we will eat it in our Jungle Room ... of course along with some beer and wine!

Saying that, spoke to @Sara61 in the week and we plan to meet at said place in the coming weeks, date to be determined. It is the place that does fabulous fish and chips.

We ate out Thursday and Friday so I want to stay home today. Here is a pic of me on Thursday ...

VB 2 Jul 20.jpg

I am plodding along, cycling three times a week, but still uneasy and strengthening quads, reverted to the walker for a few days - better safe than sorry!

So, off I go to organise Hubby with a few gardening projects, one repotting an Avocado tree into a giant planter which he did from the stone!

Sending you all love, kisses and hugs and lots of sunshine for a beautiful weekend.

Be safe Sweet Peeps.

Sunshine3.jpeg Izzy xx

Beautiful pic, dear Izzy. :roseshwr:
Hope you have a great day

Enjoy your day. Sounds like a lovely plan.

August.jpeg is here and time for me to check in.

Not much has happened since my last missive. It has been hot and I have stayed indoors in the cool venturing out in the garden later in the day. I have been to the river a few times to have lunch with friends.

CN de Silves.jpg CN2 de Silves.jpg VB at Clube N 3 Jul.jpg

No real changes with me this past month ... had a couple of wobbly moments with the steps so I have to take a deep breath and get my act back together. But I am well and happy and that is what is important to me and Hubby ... and I will just keep working on strength and balance. My knee is still stiff but my hip is perfection for which I am grateful.

I hope all my friends are doing well and staying safe. I think of you often.

Sending love and hope that you all keep safe in these difficult times. To me, I find the current issues easy compared to what I went through. Take care.

Hugs from Me Cat.jpeg Izzy xx

Hi Izzy...Glad to hear you are hanging in there...well and happy are two things to be ever so grateful for.:) :-) (:

Love the pictures.
What a beautiful quaint place...just my style.
Stay safe and do "watch your step" Can't have you falling!
Hope today is a very good day, friend.:SUNsmile:

Hey Izzy,
It’s always nice to hear from you and see your familiar smiling face.
Thanks for updating. It’s good to read you’re doing well and enjoying times with those you hold dear at places like the one above. I hope you continue to gain progress in strength and balance.
Hugs and best wishes. Stay safe and well! :loveshwr: :friends:
@Izabel

Hi, Izzy! I hope you are well and enjoying your beautiful garden.
I peruse here occasionally and recently saw your heartfelt comments to @bland9 . I wonder if he has tried a crutch like your Phoenix? The switch to that style seemed to make such a positive difference for you.
I hope you and @Sara61 get to rendezvous.
It is still “all things covid” here.
Thankfully, for me, it has been a beautiful summer (I love heat and humidity LOL) and I have been able to walk outdoors and in the pool everyday.
Regards,
Marieltha

Olá2.gif @marieltha and thank you for thinking of me and visiting.

I don't know of @bland9 has tried the elbow crutch. I am sure elbow crutches are ore popular in the UK like here and not the underarm ones.

Things are fairly normal here... apart from masks, distancing and small gatherings. Our numbers are low and the Portuguese and Expats are good adhering to the rules.

We just had one of our Jacarandas and the Almond pollarded yesterday so it is naked here now. :yikes: N'er mind, they will grow back quickly and more lush.

Tree14 2 Sep(1).jpg Almond2 2 Sep.jpg

I feel like I have progressed slightly this past week but am taking things at my usual snail's pace. We know the guys who came yesterday and they were gobsmacked saying how well I looked since they last saw me. :yes!:

I am pleased to hear you have been having a good summer. We had our hottest July since 1931 and August was slightly above normal too but now we are pleasantly normal.

Take care and keep safe.

Hugs Cat.jpeg Izzy xx

I feel like I have progressed slightly this past week but am taking things at my usual snail's pace. We know the guys who came yesterday and they were gobsmacked saying how well I looked since they last saw me. :yes!:

Wonderful news, Izzy! SometIme’s it takes others to help us realize we’ve made progress, especially if you’re feeling it’s slow, as you described. Much harder to notice, yourself. Probably for hubs too as he sees you daily.

It‘s nice to see your bright cheery post this morning, you come to mind and I have good intentions to tag you, then get distracted easily enough, you know how that goes! It’s good to read you’re doing well!

Sending hugs and wishes for a lovely September? Take good care, be safe and stay well!

Good Afternoon Cat.jpeg Lovely Layla xx

Yes, I am happy to say I am hanging on here. :heehee: It is so true that when people make comments it is upifting. Stu and Rick every time they looked at me said 'Wow you look so different!' We have known Stu for 15 years years when he owned an Exotic Gardening Center now a Landscaper and a Preacher (I call him Preacher Man :whistle:). He sometimes has bleached spikey hair, floral harem pants and Crocs ... you have to love him! All our other friends say the same ... so I can only believe it is true.

To be honest, I am feeling good and pleased with how I look. Obviuosly, I still take my Calcium/D3 as directed by my brilliant Surgeon, but also B12, Gingko Bioba for balance, Slippery Elm and Ginger for my stomach (still not right from all the horrid medications/antibiotics I took for years) and this last week 1/2 Aldi daily multivitamin which I think has made an impact.

Besides having the trees massacred, my gardener Ben is coming to trim shrubs and do a general tidy up. We also just had electric gates installed as I could not manage the two gates manually. Old and new ...

Old Gates1 19 Aug.jpg New Gate 19 Aug.jpg

Hubby went to Lisbon yesterday (2 3/4 hour journey each way) and got an all clear on his neck Cancer checkup ... so life is good to us and we are greatful.

I am whittering so I will love you and leave you here wishing you and your family a peaceful weekend.
fairy kisses.jpeg Izzy xx

@Layla

It’s wonderful you’re feeling well and the news hubby received must be such a boost for both of you. I’m happy for you that he was given the “all clear.” I love your gate, looks really nice Izzy. It’s always satisfying to do upgrades around the home. We‘re entering a long holiday weekend here so I think some BBQ is in order. Kind of a last Hurrah to Summer.
Sending love and wishes for a Happy Friday! :loveshwr:
@Izabel

I am whittering so I will love you and leave you here wishing you and your family a peaceful weekend.

Now this gave me a nice chuckle! So happy to hear about your continued improvements. Your patience during your long recovery is nothing short of heroic. You photos are so nice, I am falling in love with Portugal through your thread!

Keep your chin up and keep smiling, which I have no doubt that you will!

So glad to hear you are staying safe and noticeably better...seems others see these strides when we are hardpressed to feel the progress.
Great news for hubby's gre a t news.
Hope your weekend is sweet.

Just visiting to see how you are doing. Hope you are well.
Here's a bloom for you. It is on the 20+ foot tall white bird of paradise plant at our front entry.
E7FFD8B8-D77E-4D17-ADFA-3DF87820CE2B.jpeg

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom