Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Add me to those lifting you in prayer, sweet Izzy.
I hope your balance issues ease and I’m wishing you the best with your eye appointment.
Thank you for the photo of the beautiful bougainvillea on my thread and your kind words.
Please take good care to stay safe and well.
Sending a hug and lots of love. :loveshwr:
@Izabel

I added doing balancing exercises with my eyes closed. Hands hovering right above a high-backed chair, or the kitchen counter, of course. Do you ever do this?
Supposedly, it improves “proprioception”, especially after a lower limb injury/change. I’m guessing, but perhaps it helps the brain talk to the new “joint”? I researched it and “balance” on Wikipedia after my OS mentioned the word when discussing balance.
Hope you are well.
927A50E4-89DD-4F06-912C-4E254F547087.jpeg
from Wiki article on Balance

Friend Flower.jpeg ... Good morning my Very Special Friends. xx

I am delighted to report my blood results ... CRP 3 / SED 3 and all other results within limits. I have not been better!

Now I just have to continue to practice my walking which i do daily and cycle every 3/4 days. Surely this tightness will go ... :fingersx: ... so I can achieve better balance. I have managed 15 steps unaided with slight trepidation. :unsure: I can also put my left sock (well, no-show socks) on on my own. :yay: I am so thankful for these small achievements.

I hope all are doing well and keeping safe in these crisis times. Please be safe and love and protect you and yours.

I will pop in from time to time ... so you don't forget me ... :no-fin:
animated-thank-you-image-0078.gif
for being there, Izzy xx

Hi Izzy.
So excited and happy for you...
:happydance::loveshwr::happydance:

The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
Keep on keeping on...you will get there. I believe.:) :-) (:

Hello Izzy @Izabel

Wonderful news!!! Thrilled you got back excellent blood results and took many unaided steps. I truly believe you will get there. You have worked so hard for this. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Stay safe. xxxxxxx Sarah ❤️

Great news to begin my day with! :happydance: I’m so very happy for you, dear Izabel!
Hooray also for the unaided steps and putting on socks. All wonderful progress.

We‘d never forget you and look forward to hearing from you again soon.
Take care to be safe and stay well. Big Hugs. :friends:
@Izabel

Wonderful news Izzy! You so deserve that happy healthy report.
Now hopefully you can get your balance issues under control. I know you will, you are a real trooper.
Stay healthy and safe over there in your beautiful paradise.

Things are looking up, luv!

Such an awesome report, you're really making headway! Stay safe and don't forget to pop in once in a while! :loveshwr:

Hi Izzy
So pleased to see your news -well done xx
Unfortunately it seems unlikely we'll get that coffee date anytime soon and especially now as from next week we are not allowed to venture further than our own municipalities, till after Easter ( I'm sure these measures are to stop the hoardes from Lisbon & the North heading down here for a holiday) however not sure how effective this will be as quite a few have already arrived, what they don't understand about "stay home " beats me:hairpulling: but such is life ... Anyway with our beaches /restaurant/discos /malls closed there is not much for them and the police are out in force.
Im now at the 6 month post op, Mrs Knee is behaving ok still reminds me it's there but the majority of swelling has now gone, my only exercise now is walking the dogs every day plus the usual household chores.
Keep in touch and stay safe xxx

Hello Izzy @Izabel

Thinking of you this morning. Wondering when you are celebrating your birthday? Hope you are well and keeping safe in your lovely garden. How are you getting around these days? Miss you. xxxxxx ❤️ Sarah. Hugs sweet friend.

Good Afternoon Cat.jpeg Sweet Sarah, I just popped in and there were your special wishes thinking of me. xx

Well, I am up to 72 steps unaided but I have a terrible gait. I guess it's the Trendenleberg as I waddle like a penguin! So I have been glute training. I still static cycle 3/4 times a week.. I continue to use Phoenix for safety. So I guess I can say I have achieved my goal ... my birthday is the 29th. Next goal is to be walking properly by the beginning of October, three years since my journey began.

We have been having much needed rain so not going outside much but the garden is thriving. Actually, we plan on sitting out in the arbour later with a drink.

I shall pop over and see how you are progressing now,

Take care and stay safe sweet friend.

Hugs Cat.jpeg Izzy xx

Hey Izzy :wave:
Seventy Two steps unaided is wonderful progress :yay: Great job!
May you continue to enjoy more milestones along the way.
Be safe, stay well and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Hopefully you’re experiencing some sunshine today, if not, I’m sure you’ll make your own.:SUNsmile:
Love and hugs. :loveshwr:
@Izabel

Almost your birthday @Izabel :flwrysmile:

72 unaided steps is amazing progress!! Very thrilled for you. Your “can do“ attitude is for sure what got you where you are today and an inspiration to all. That waddle stuck with me for a long while. It really has just been time and daily practice.

Sending lots of love and wishes for a beautiful birthday celebration Izzy. You are a rare, sweet force in this world. Spreading sunshine wherever you go.

Happy-Birthday-balloons.jpg

Good Afternoon Cat.jpeg Dear Layla and Sweet Sarah. Your continuing love and encouragement makes my day.

Now, I have to admit I was a Dizzy Izzy. :whistle: The day I did the 72 steps I had already done 2 x 36 steps and one 20 step jaunt to end the day ... plus 15 minutes of pedaling to start the day in addition to my normal jaunts! :no-fin: That was on the Saturday ... needless to say, I could barely hobble around on the Sunday. :oyvey:Since then I have come to my senses and only do 24 steps 3/4 times a day plus my jaunts with Phoenix around the garden and house and pedaling 3 times a week.

Can't do anything special for my 72nd/our 52nd on Wednesday so will enjoy a bevvy or two in the garden. :cheers2:

Here's a couple of pics from this weekend of Hibbertia scandens ...

Hibbertia 27 Apr 20.jpg Hibbertia2 27 Apr 20.jpg

Sending love and kisses ...
BettyBoop kisses.jpeg Izzy xx

Hello Izzy! I hope you’ve recovered since you overdid it on Saturday. Your progress is great, very encouraging!

Wishing you and hubby a nice 52nd anniversary and hoping that your birthday is sweet.
I know it’s two days away, but I don’t want to risk losing track and forgetting to send best wishes. It can be your birthday all week :wink: so.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
DC208B6B-1ECA-4FCE-83F6-0B5A436FFA17.jpeg

I baked a few cakes...one for your birthday, one for your anniversary and a few more just because you‘re sweet!
Love and Hugs:loveshwr:
@Izabel

52 year anniversary is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations! I loved reading your upbeat thread. Best wishes for a complete recovery, I know you'll mold one that is unique and fits you to a tee.

I am a garden lover and yours is beautiful. Getting back to my plants is one of my motivators.

Hugs and best wishes.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom