Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Have a great weekend, sweet one :friends:
I hope you had a nice week.
Not sure how hot it is there this time of year. We're going into another hot steamy weekend,
with more seasonable temps coming next week. Hope your weather is just how you like it.
Hugs and Happy Friday Evening to you! :loveshwr:
@Izabel

5675.gif my dear secret friends and supporters hidden in my Notebook. :heehee:

Reporting on parade with this past week's progress. It has been a rather uneventful week as such. My Tai Chi book arrived on Monday and I have been practising various movements several times a day. There are a few I am eliminating at the moment, such as bending forward and squatting walking like a duck :shocked:, as I certainly am not ready for those. I feel it has helped tremendously with my balance. I am more confident with the arm crutches although still feel safer with my walker ... and yesterday I had a real first ... four times I took two steps unaided! That may sound like no achievement at all to some, but for what I have been through these past 22 months it is just short of a mini miracle. I shall definitely continue with these movements.

This is the book I got through Amazon UK used in A1 condition for One Penny plus £4.02 postage ...

I did have a down day on Wednesday and got a bit weepy. I was constipated which caused external hemorrhoids (TMI) asking "Why me, why me?" but I said "Izzy, get your act together, this is just a hiccup in this circus" ... so my system went in reverse ... :sos: I also suffer with upper esophageal burn (I am sure from that horrid Fosamax) so I am taking Slippery Elm as antacids and PPIs don't work.

So, that's me in a nutshell and I want to send loving thoughts to my special friends Sarah @Fit4Family and Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny and to Jacaranda @Layla and Oleander @Mojo333 my ever supporting and uplifting girls. Bless you, you are all angels by my side. hearts.gif

Wishing all BoneSmarties a happy and peaceful weekend.

z-bom-fim-de-semana31.gif Izzy xx

and yesterday I had a real first ... four times I took two steps unaided! That may sound like no achievement at all to some, but for what I have been through these past 22 months it is just short of a mini miracle.
:yahoo:Made my day.
The bestest news!:happyfeet:
Be ever so careful my friend, but keep on keeping on.
You can do this.:flwrysmile:

Positively fabulous news Izzy!! Walking unassisted. Seems like all your balancing work is paying off. Our minds are amazing how they work with our bodies. Really hope this gets you closer to mobility.

Sorry you had a rough day. I always try to remember Layla’s advice of thinking about progress in weeks, not days. Hope you’re feeling like yourself soon.

Sending healing vibes and lots of love @Izabel Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :angel:

You sound great @Izabel 2 unaided steps are fantastic!!!!
I will check out your book when I’m home and have better access..
keep your chin up, you got this..

my dear secret friends and supporters hidden in my Notebook. :heehee:

I love this. You never fail to warm my heart and bring a smile to my face. We do have many secret friends here, of sorts, people we enjoy, care about and draw close to. Secret in the sense that you don't often share updates, stories or details of BoneSmart buds with your peeps in the real world because it's too involved and they most likely wouldn't be that interested anyway. Who knew I'd ever grow to love a sweet lady from Portugal, that I've never met, who's been through more than most and is still able to smile and lift others in support.
You're a ray of sunshine, Izabel. Sending a hug and best wishes for a great week to come! :loveshwr: :friends:
@Izabel

Hello lovely Izzy @Izabel
Was so pleased to hear your progress... walking unaided even a few steps is a fantastic milestone !!!!! [emoji8]

Book sounds great... yes, only do the exercises you are comfy with at Tai Chi... I do a lot of chair Tai Chi (youtube videos) until I can go back to class... it’s a very calming way to exercise.

Don’t like the sound of your haemorrhoids.... it’s not only the pain is it... all the toxins in the body from constipation makes you feel so ill.... no wonder you felt weepy... I hate them with a passion! Preparation H Gel all the way for me!!!

Ooh haven’t heard about slippery Elm... where do you get that from??

Hoping your weekend saw you feeling better my darling lady...
your posts uplift me no end.... if you can find the positives then we all can!

I’ve 4 weeks of grandkids for the summer... this week my 14 year old grandson, Matty... we had our first sea swim today as it’s so warm & lovely.... just beautiful!!

Lots of love to you ... Chrissie xx[emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Hoppy Nanny

Dearest Chrissie, just a quickie.

I have this Slippery Elm which I mix in porridge and chocolate milk ...

I am waiting for this to arrive (for convenience) ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Slippery...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Not everyone ships to Portugal (or post is exhorbitant).

I just got the Prep H Gel, love Witch Hazel, seems to be doing the trick. :fingersx: I normally use one with Lidocaine. I am a 'regular' daily person, always have been, although I have suffered with the Big H intermittently since my early 20s! :groan: I think this has plagued me of late because of the amount of Calcium I have to take.

Have a wonderful time with your grandchildren. We have long-term (35 years) friends visiting from Bucks and will be coming over again today so I will catch up with 'me' tomorrow perhaps.

Wishing you, your family .... and not forgetting my dear friends on BS who may pop in, a beautiful day

Sunshine3.jpeg Izzy xx

:wave: Secret World of Listeners and Advisors

Midweek update is here ... Saturday I had my first 'outing' other than to the hospital, doctor or luncheon out (that doesn't count here :heehee: ). Hubby took me to a garden center :flwrysmile: We have the largest one on the Iberian Peninsula 20 minutes away where fully grown palm trees are indoors. :yes: It is totally wheelchair friendly. We got a hanging basket of Sweet Potato and a mini green potted rose, yes, green, very strange indeed but interesting.

Sunday we met our friends of 35 years visiting from the UK at a lovely restaurant nearby and sat outside enjoying the live singer (doing Tom Jones and such like and very good). Monday I walked 20 steps lightly holding the walker with one hand! :egypdance: I am sure the Tai Chi is beneficial to me for my balance. Yesterday a friend popped by for coffee on his way home then in the evening our UK friends came over and we enjoyed the fresh evening air ... Algarve is known for it's fresh air after a hot day. Our friends two daughters and their partners are here too. We haven't seen the girls in 8 years and they are now gorgeous 21 and 24 year olds. :loveshwr:

So, today is a rest day. When I finish this missive I will pedal and walk and practise my Tai Chi.

Sending hugs to all around the world wishing you a beautiful and peaceful day. Life is great, embrace it!

Hugs Imp.jpeg Izzy xx

Monday I walked 20 steps lightly holding the walker with one hand!
:yes!:
So good to hear you are improving with your walker and getting out and about.
I think you are very wise in taking your rest days after days with more activity.
Slow and steady...sending continued good mojo for all to keep getting better and better, dear @Izabel :flwrysmile:

I think you are very brave and a true inspiration Izzy. Most people faced with your issues would have collapsed in a heap by now! So pleased about you walking those steps unaided. It must have been a wonderful moment!

Most people faced with your issues would have collapsed in a heap by now!
Problem with this is that I would be stuck on the floor! :loll:

Wonderful to see how fantastically you are doing, amazing girl, enjoy every moment in that beautiful sunshine,hugs and lovexxx

Thank you dear Lady. Trust you are doing well. xx
Hugs Teddy.jpeg Izzy xx

That is just the best news Izzy....
20 steps holding on lightly is progress indeed.

It sounds like your World is expanding and that is fabulous...
I love Tom Jones & what a great way to spend time with friends.
So pleased for you my dinky friend... you deserve all the good things...[emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

We will have to start monitoring you... sounds like there will be no holding you back [emoji23][emoji23][emoji51]

Love & hugs Chrissie [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending lots of ❤️ @Izabel

You go girl!!!! 20 steps is amazing. Sounds like balance is really helping. Love hearing about you adventures out with friends and concerts. You have a heart of gold Izzy. We are all here to cheer you on. Your optimism and sunny nature are such a sweet gift. Be careful!

xxxxxxx Sarah

So good to hear about your progress and lovely outing.
A green rose must surely be a symbol of Hope, yes?
Thank you for sharing.

Good Morning.jpeg all who come by to visit me. xx
I have had a relatively uneventful few days resting and practising my walking ... but I look like a waddling :happyfeet:! Still perfecting the one-handed walker. This weekend I shall try the crutches again one handed. My leg sometimes doesn't feel like it belongs to me and I still have a slight numbness. I get so blue at times sitting so much as I want to be doing things but my balance needs to perfect itself more so I have a free hand to accomplish simple tasks. Like today I want to pot on some Geraniums I did from seed but will need to utilise the wheelchair (who is called Blue because she is :heehee: ) ... sometimes it is so demoralising. :sad:

Hubby is a God send and says I am doing well but I know he thinks I should be doing more so I try to do better ... at times in fear and trepidation. I have not lost my jitters/uneasiness of steps (individual ones not stairs with railings) having to put the walker down to the lower level then following ... bearing in mind I caused all my latter problems tripping up a step in this house! :scare: Sweet Layla was so correct in saying ...

you don't often share updates, stories or details of BoneSmart buds with your peeps in the real world because it's too involved and they most likely wouldn't be that interested anyway.
... how TRUE is that, even with partners. And when friends ask, I say "I am fine, thank you". :umm:

Oh dear, I am having a mini lament, but to quote my old signature ... today is a new dawn and a new day... so I will make the most of it and put on my positive head as My Day Will Come! :yes!:

So, I will love you and leave you all wishing you peace and happiness for the weekend and sending sunshine to those in need. Thank you all for being there. xx

Happy Weekend3.jpeg Izzy xx

@Izabel please don't get discouraged with the walking. You will get there! It just takes time and a whole lot of patience. I still have issues with my gait. But you know what - I get where I need to go. If I don't walk perfectly it really doesn't matter.

We are all warriors in this battle. Keep fighting the fight!

You have been through such a series of unfortunate events, I should think it is very difficult sometimes to not sink down into the blues...:console2:

It has been just over 4 months since your last revision procedure and with all the months of not bearing weight and all your other obstacles...I just know this seems slow but there is a lot of improvement to come.
I'm sure hubby can't always be "up" all the time either...
You can always vent here, my friend.
Wishing you a good weekend..:praying:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker