Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

@Layla. It is my pleasure reassuring (I hope) others who may encounter issues I have been through. Payback for all the kind words that have been and still are given to me. :) :-) (:

@Mojo333 you too like Layla are always there for those who need encouragement. And both of you deserve medals. I am sorry to read of your family stresses which I hope ease off for you soon so you can breathe easy again.

Thanks.gif to you both. xx

Made it through dental appointment ... I was more nervous than my op procedures. She examined and took a panoramic X-Ray with hi-tech machine that rotates around your head. :shocked: She said problems are from all the long term antibiotics but in particular the Fosamax med for Osteoporosis. Have an appointment for deep clean on 1st May which she said will remove discolouration and an appointment with Dental Surgeon on 20th May to pull two lower molars where I had root canals a few years ago, one each side, but maybe three teeth! The two molars I knew about but was surprised about an upper tooth, not sure which, perhaps a premolar Also in May I have blood tests for my cancer check up then in June a Mammogram and Ultrasound and Onco Surgeon consultation. It's all go here ...
:bolt:

So now I have two weeks to rest up and concentrate on walking ... my restrictions end next week.
:egypdance:

Wow, you have a lot going on, Izabel.
Sorry you have to have teeth extracted. With any luck you'll bounce back quickly with minimal pain involved. Wishing you only the best with all of the medical appts you have scheduled. Prayers you receive all good news.
Have a lovely weekend and a Happy Easter!
@Izabel

:) :-) (: Hello all. I hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend. It was just a quiet one for us.

A step in the right direction, yesterday I walked (with the walker of course) out the front doors (double) cautiously down the step and across the front of house patio and sat in the sun for an hour sipping a rum and coke! So I was finally Walking on Sunshine. :SUNsmile: Then I walked back. :egypdance:

On the downside, my left heel hurts to walk on. Is this because I have been practising heel to toe which I haven't done for 18 months? I have a gel heel support on it now and had my foot on an ice pack. Any thoughts? Sort of full weight going on leg now.
:loveshwr: to all. xx

:wave:
A step in the right direction, yesterday I walked (with the walker of course) out the front doors (double) cautiously down the step and across the front of house patio and sat in the sun for an hour sipping a rum and coke! So I was finally Walking on Sunshine.
:yes!: This made my morning! I love it.
A toast for you..:cheers: might have a rum and coke in your honor tonight.

On the downside, my left heel hurts to walk on. Is this because I have been practising heel to toe which I haven't done for 18 months?
I should say yes...I certainly didn't have all the NWB and struggles you have had..and I had aches and strains as I had apparently become a toe walker.
My Achilles, my instep..my back even as I stood up straighter and walked properly.
Lots of adjusting for you I should think.

Wishing you a beautiful day @Izabel :SUNsmile:

Happy to see you got outside and enjoyed some sunshine! I have heal pain on my right side (non operated) Suspect it’s from being so dependent on my right leg so long. Ankle and toe flexing helps, as does always wearing trainers with good arch support. Always worse after sitting or sleeping. Hope things start improving. Excited for you that you get to graduate soon from walker. I’m throwing a party!! ❤️

:wave: one and all, just checking in. Lost internet ... well, still have but hubby has rigged something up.

Hobbling around having difficulty with my foot. Sure it is Plantar Facilitis, which my nephew in Florida suffered with terribly. I am neither sporty nor overweight so can't figure how I got it. Have been stretching/exercising foot and calf and have put a liquid gel pad in shoe which helps tremendously. Hip and knee fine so this is really holding me back. Antone else suffered with this and can give advice?

Hope all are well and happy and have a peaceful weekend.

Fim Semana Kitty.jpg Izabel xx

Hi Izabel.
I know several folks including several of our staff members have had plantar fascilitis... @PolarBear60 and @Jockette both have dealt with it.
Hopefully one of them can address this with you.
I know Polar Bear mentioned using A 16 oz plastic Coke bottle re-filled with water and frozen can help with rolling exercises as well. It's at the right angle to allow it to fit into the arch of your foot and allow you to ice properly.

Hi Izabel, I’m sorry to hear about your plantar fasciitis, it can certainly be very painful. When I googled it I found that it seems to be quite common.

I have it in my right foot, the same foot that I have painful nerve damage in, so trying to treat it is tricky for me. The things that might help my heel upset the nerve issue.

Some sort of night splint seems to be helpful. It holds your foot in a gentle 90 degree angle to stretch the band of tissue that runs along the bottom of the foot.

Amazon has lots of night splints, I’m still searching for one that my nerve issue will tolerate. I’m even trying to make one myself but that’s not going well. My nerve issue flares up when anything touches my foot, like a sock or closed shoe, or a night splint.

It also seems it can take months for this to heal.

Check out the splints on Amazon. I found reading the reviews gave me some basic tips about the plantar fasciitis.

A lot of people recommend the frozen water bottle that Mojo mentioned, but that really upsets my nerve issue so I don’t do it.

I hope you find something to help.

I had plantar fasciitis after my 1st THR...@Izabel
A golf ball put under the foot and rolled around stretches the muscles and also deep tissue massage helped me. I’m sure it’s to do the different gaits we adopt pre & post op... this too will go in time!! But boy I feel your frustration... one more thing you don’t need.
Hope your weekend is good x[emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @Mojo333 for responding. As I type I have a 2 litre 7-Up bottle rolling under my foot. It has a dent in the middle which keeps it in place,

@Jockette ... you really need this with your left knee issues .... NOT! I saw those foot splints on Amazon. I have a foam wedge at the foot of my side of the bed which I use to press my foot against which I did when I had the 5cm LLD to 'stretch' my leg and I have been pushing against it, so it keeps my foot at a 90 angle ... usually with a cat weighing my ankle down. :heehee:

@Hoppy Nanny. Thank you so much for coming in. As I often say ... these things are sent to try us ... and they do! Thank goodness my left knee and hip are behaving.
I appreciate all you lovely people taking the time to give advice and encouragement. :loveshwr:

@Izabel sorry you are having to deal with this, I have found Icepower with MSM from Amazon an absolute life saver on my feet, only prob is I cannot reach myself!! you are doing so wonderfullyxxx

Hi @Izabel
I'm sorry you're dealing with plantar fasciitis. I hope whatever you're trying, or something mentioned here
brings you relief soon. Thankfully your hip and knee are okay. Wishing you comfort and speedy healing :console2:

Hi, Izabel, sorry to be late in responding -- I was away for the weekend. You've gotten great advice already. I have had Plantar Fascitis several times. The first time and the most recent time a couple of years ago were the worst. The other times, I was able to successfully get relief with the ice and stretching exercises you're already using. (Yes, I was advised to use a Coke bottle for the shape, but it sounds like you're getting a similar benefit from the 7-Up bottle. )

The first time I experienced plantar fascitis, I was training for a marathon and got an injection into my arch to ease the pain, then I was prescribed the ice and stretching. The most recent time I experienced it, ice and stretching didn't help, so my ortho recommended a night brace. I found one that wasn't too obstructive on Amazon for about $20, and after about a month of wearing it to bed at night and doing the stretches, I obtained relief.

I hope you'll be painfree soon!

@clodaghcov, I have some German ICE Gel with Peppermint, Camphor and Menthol for joints and muscles and a cream with Capsaicin so I will have hubby rub those in as I can't reach my foot either yet! :whistle:

@PolarBear60, thank you so much for your contribution. I saw a night brace on Amazon like a sock with thingy that pulled your toes back ... I shall look at it again.

Today is my birthday and our 51st wedding anniversary and hubby is at the dentist having s few teeth pulled (he has been on antibiotics for a week) so there goes anything celebratory today. :cry:

Still have the teeth problems caused by medications to conquer and my last (I hope :fingersx:) breast cancer exams ... both in May and June ... then 2019 will truly get underway. :yes!: I know I will get there in the end, but I sure don't appreciate all these hurdles I have to jump over! :climb: Life WILL be sweet again. :praying:

51 years of Marriage!:wowspring:
Happy belated ANNIVERSARY!
Hope today is a better day @Izabel !

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member