Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Thank you @Mojo333. Weeping finished Wednesday night thankfully. Today went well. Doc was pleased weeping stopped and said wound looked good, slight bruising from expressing. He took out about half the staples and Nurse took out the remaining 2 stitches. For some reason there were 4 stitches evenly spaced along the staples.

I have an actual 3 week post-op appointment on Tuesday, 2 April, when I guess the remaining staples will be removed, and Doc gave an Rx for blood tests at the same time. This will tell us if I am free of infection. :praying:
I am feeling good, have bumped up my :upright: to 15 minutes daily and am persevering with the walking small distances aided by the walker with the painful knee, but NO hip pain. I have just got to loosen that knee up so I can :walking:smoothly.

Have a peaceful weekend everyone. xx

fim-semana-kitty-jpg.72003

So glad you got all those staples and sutures gone.:loveshwr:
Still keeping you in my prayers...it's time for all to get GOOD!:ok:

Great news! Fingers crossed for Tuesday and hopefully that knee let's you get moving pain free soon:) :-) (:

Last edited:
This is wonderful news, Izabel!
It's great to read the weeping wound has dried.
Best wishes for your appt on Tuesday. Prayers that the bloodwork shows there is no infection.
Please let us know how it goes.
Happy Saturday to you :wave:
@Izabel

I am shattered! :yawn: We left home at 9.30ish and got home at 1pm. I had an appointment with Dr Pinto this morning for 3 week checkup, had bloods then the remaining staples removed. No weeping since last Thursday night. Dr Pinto is very pleased but I have steri-strips plus a waterproof plaster on and must keep for one week (unless it weeps and needs changing). Then bandage off but steri-strips stay for a few more days. As it was the third cut in the same place plus infection, the tissues are compromised a little and it needs time to heal. He expects the bloods results to be slightly up but in case it is drastic he has given another Rx for antibiotics. Keep fingers crossed. :fingersx:

The knee is easing somewhat with exercise, 15 minutes peddling plus hobbling up the hall and back! Isn't it strange I am pain free in the hip but the knee is being a right pain (pun intended).

Hubby took picture but he is snoozing ... will post when I get it.

Well, I am going to try to :sleeep:
Hope everyone had a good weekend. :flwrysmile:

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

I hope you had a great weekend too!
Sounds like things continue to go well, Izabel. I'm very happy for you!
I hope you get some restorative rest and have a peaceful week. Please keep us posted.
@Izabel

Thank you dear Layla.

Here is today's pic, 3 weeks post-op. Sorry I couldn't adjust lighting on Hubby's phone/camera. :doh: The wound is 7 inches in a straight line ... so a bit longer with the curved bit I guess. Originally there were 4 stitches and 32 staples, these were the remaining. Nice bruising! :thud:

2 Apr 19 2.jpg

Mint green, blush, lavender...stick with those spring colors!:giggle:
So sorry the day wore you out!
I want all to be well with you so do be careful not to always do as much as you can.
I know you are tired of being on hold...just please keep things in small increments:beg:
You know you have a lot of folks praying and sending healing vibes!:yes:

Hello @Izabel Was thinking about my “grocery store” buddy and thought I’d check in on you. Your bruise is so Spring colored! Badge of honor! Hope you are doing better. One day at a time. I’ve started tracking my progress by week rather than day as it is easier to see forward motion. Happy April!

:wave: @Fit4Family, thank you for popping in to check on me.

I have just received word from my Surgeon that he has received my blood results and that I do not have to take any more antibiotics ... hurray! :yahoo: Just waiting for next appointment date.

I see where you saw your Surgeon yesterday as well. Now you listen to what was told you, rest and take things easy, ya'hear? I know it is not easy, believe me I know after 17 months bed/wheelchair bound. Now I take it one sloooow step at a time. If I can do you, you can. I know patience wears thin and there are 'down' days but that is giving us strength to better times.

Take care and find a hobby you like ... I am up to my ears in crochet items, many destined for charity. :yes:

Have a nice day. xx

Last edited:
Fingers and legs (hah!) crosses all is well and no weeping!!!!

Thanks @Whoknew, no weeping since last Thursday.

Just got Lab results through ... SED 24, CRP 13, all else within limits except Platelets a little high. Surgeon has stopped Calcium supplement for a least a month and am on Folic Acid. No antibiotics required.
A happy day in this household. :flwrysmile:

Wow!! Wonderful report :flwrysmile: I’ve never tried crocheting. Great suggestion!

Wonderful news, Izabel :yes!: PTL! I'm so very happy for you.
May you only get good news moving forward.
Stay in touch. Big hugs to you! :friends:
@Izabel

Hi @Izabel. I just stopped in to say that I have been watching your progress since your revision, and am so very happy for you that you have turned the corner after everything you have been through. I cannot begin to imagine the pain and suffering you have been through, borne with such incredible bravery. You must be one really special lady; you have my ultimate respect and admiration.

I wish you the full and complete recovery, and return to mobility which you so richly deserve.

My wish for you is that you grow from strength to strength, and STAY INFECTION FREE!FOREVER.

:happydance:
Great news dear @Izabel !
What a long journey this has been.
Prayers all gets better and you continue to get stronger!:praying:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties