MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amputation will still mean pain for me but it will give me some mobility back,to walk places instead of being in the wheelchair would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natalie, good to hear from you finally but sad to hear this turn of events.

As for the MRIs, do bear in mind that it's a really good thing they are exploring you all over to make sure they don't miss anything. Don't you think?

Yes Definetly Jo,I've just never heard of them doing another one 2 weeks after the last one I think it's just taken by surprise in the past I've had to beg for a scan!
Hope you're ok x

I am so sad to hear this but you are right about being able to walk again. My husband lost a leg and got mobil and I had a hard time keeping up with him. Do take it slow. Tashia

You have some courageous story Natalie. Please know that I will keep you in my prayers. ((((Hugs))))

Hello @NatalieMeadows HUGS!! :friends:

It's been a long, long time since we heard from you. I've wondered a few times how you are doing and I decided this evening that I must post to you.

How are you feeling? And how is your family?

Have any decisions been made about what is going to be done with your leg?

His surgeon Steve Mannion was very supportive of the amputation and felt more people may benefit; they told me it would be very difficult as I would need above the knee which is harder to recover from.

If the decision is for an amputation, although an above-knee is harder to recover from, my son has made that journey and is managing well. He lives independently, drives his own car and walks on his new leg, without needing any sort of walking aid.

I wish you peace :chillpill:, freedom from pain :SUNsmile:, and a good night's sleep! :sleep:

With love,
Caryl

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

Yes, I've wondered and worried. Sure hope things will be better for you eventually.

Hi all I hope Im still welcome here and Im so very sorry it's been such a long time since I showed my face.
It's been just as tough if not tougher than ever. Ive been diagnosed with CRPS as you know so ive been having alsorts of different treatments for this Im now having a spinal cord stimulator trial in 10th December and praying it works.I am now on week 5 of being House and bed bound due to a flare up.My pain is horrendous.
I hope you are all well. Xx

@NatalieMeadows - there are many member here who have been asking about you my friend. Of course you are welcome here! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate - as always. I pray this new treatment works for you Natalie. So sorry there is still pain in your life. But as always - we are here for you! :console2:

Natalie I'm always pleased to see your name come up. Sorry it's not with better news. Hoping and praying the new treatment will work for you because I mean it when I say YOU totally deserve it. Sending hugs and best wishes ❤️❤️

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

I'm sorry you are still having difficulties, Nat. I hope this new treatment will bring better results.

Please know that you are always welcome here. You're part of the family.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Natalie, I'm so pleased to hear from you. We were worried about you but sending hope any prayers that whatever was going on in your life would pass and things would improve. I pray the new treatment works for you. Please hunker down until this flare goes away.

You are always welcome to come and chat...and to vent too. So many people here missed you and we'll always welcome you with open arms to provide a supportive word and manybe even a laugh here and there to brighten your day.

Thankyou so much for the kind kind words it's so greatly appreciated. I have had such a tough time and I feel like all I ever do is moan about my pain :( I have been passed from one doctor to another and now I'm being treated at an amazing hospital called The Walton Centre. My doctor is also doing research into CRPS.
I don't seem to get many days break from this horrific pain anymore but I have reduced my meds because they don't make a lot of difference. I'm using Lidocaine patches on the areas that don't hurt as much and they seem to work.
Nothing works for this leg though!!

You're not alone in disappearing! Hello everyone. Gosh Natalie I hope the new treatment works. I can't imagine what you are going through. For most of us, time is the one consistent answer to our pain but you haven't been able to get any relief at all. I wish you all the best now with your new doctor! Oh, I wanted to add that I worry about anyone considering amputation because it seems like the phantom pain would ruin any benefit???

Hi all I hope Im still welcome here
Are you welcome! Good grief, you even had to ask that? Don't you know that once a BoneSmartie always a BoneSmartie! :)
Ive been diagnosed with CRPS
I did wonder - actually I think I may even have mentioned it somewhere along the line. Rotten thing to have. God bless you sweetheart.

hugs.jpg

Hi Natalie, @NatalieMeadows

Of course you're welcome! I am so glad to see you back here, as I have been thinking of you a lot and wondering how you are. :console2:

I do hope that the new treatment for CRPS works for you.

However, as you say, if you do have to have an amputation, it will give you back more mobility. I think I told you that my son had an above-knee amputation and he is doing just fine, walking without even a stick, driving his car, living independently, and even riding a motor bike occasionally (which worried his mother).

I also know someone who had an amputation due to CRPS and she is doing well, too. I know there's no guarantee that the pain will go, but hers has at least decreased.

You have a lot of people here who think about you, so please stay in touch and let us know how you are getting along. We're not here just to listen to good-time stories, but to listen to rants, raves, moans, and tears as well - so moan all you want, if you feel the need.

We're here and we care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back