THR It's been 16 and 17 Years since I had hip replacements-

chick

Country
United States United States
I recently had some therapy in the water and after a day I was having pain in my right hip and leg. My surgeon who did both is now retired but in last 2 years I seem to get pain after light exercise and made an appointment with an orthopedic an surgeon but when it came time in a few weeks to see him I was no longer having any pain, so it was cancelled. That actually happened again the following year and was cancelled. This time the pain seems worse and have been using a walker on wheels to move around as well as a cane. I have an appointment early Dec. for an xray. I apply some pain cream regularly and take Tylenol. So hopefully I can get to the source of all this.

@chick
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us!

I recently had some therapy in the water and after a day I was having pain in my right hip and leg.
It is very easy to overdo in the water, it feels good while you are exercising, then later your body lets you know you did way too much.
I have an appointment early Dec. for an xray.
Glad to hear you have an upcoming appointment for an x ray.

Please post your surgery dates, a moderator will add it to your signature for you. Having the exact dates will help us properly advise you. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to BoneSmart! I can imagine how worried you must be, and frustrated. Hopefully, even if the pain diminishes, you keep the appointment and get started on the process of figuring out what is going on.
Please report back after your Dr appt, I know many of us will be interested in what you find out.
In the meantime there are some great informative articles and threads here to read, too.
@chick

Hi, Chick! Welcome to BoneSmart and congratulations on having a couple of long-lasting hips.

I second Pumpkln's observations that you could be overdoing things with the water exercises and that you're right to see a surgeon about the pain you're experiencing. If the pain is only occurring when you exercise and not when you're going about your normal daily activities, then it is less likely that the issue is something with your implants.

How active are you routinely and does the pain you're experiencing occur every time you exercise? Are there specific things that make your hips hurt more than others. Is one side more painful than the other?

It's definitly the right hip only and in previous 2 years it accured the same way, some light exercise on a Nustep and stationary bike. While I was scheduled to see a Dr. it was a long wait and eventually I canceled when it seemed to be healed. I am not an active person at age 85 slowed down, Using a cane and for first time a walker at times.

@chick sorry you are having hip pain. Since your replaced hips are a few years on you may indeed need a revision. However the good news is technology has move on massively since your THRs. Surgeons are talking about the forever hips these days. I would suggest getting a new x-ray to see what is going on.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Mojo333
    Staff member since August 15, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
OsteoBionicGal
Recent bookmarks