Its always something!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Diana. Well you said it correctly, it is in fact a count down to surgery day.:wink: Gee your co pay is $100.00 less than mine! Good for you!! Yes take the good ole ativan if it helps you. I think the morning of surgery I will skip taking it because I know they'll be giving me all sorts of stuff and I don't want to be over-medicated due to low pressure issues. But maybe my bp will be so high it'll be off the charts :yikes: and in that case I'll take ativan.
My pain is consistant, I don't hurt while sitting, only when standing and walking.

I know you are having one knee done, but in time will you need the other done also?

Hi Debbie,
My bad knee is the result of a car accident when I was a senior in high school ( 1976 ) My good knee
has minor arthritis & plenty of cartiledge (SP) It does bother me sometimes but no swelling & I'm sure it's
from favoring it for all these years.
Here's a tip for you : when you speak to your anestisiologist (sp) tell him you will be taking Ativan
before surgery ( how many mg.) then they will deduct it from the meds. you will be receiving. :ok:Easy & done !
Take Care,
Diana :flwrysmile:

Good Morning Scared. We had an amazing sermon on Sunday about worry. Wish you could have heard it. Check out Matthew 6:25-34.

Hi Debbie,
I just came from my pre-op app. They said I can use Ativan ( to get in the door of the hospital) Once I make it into hospital I will have GA, femoral block & pain pump.
I am very happy with my decision :happydance:Also, My hospital just opened a new orthopedic suite & I am one
of the 1st patients to use it :yahoo:May 29 app with PT & surgeon, then surgery June 3rd. :SUNsmile:
Talk Soon,

Oh Diana thats good news for you. Since the place is new, I'm sure the nurses will be even more attentive to your needs. They'll come in with a fresh attitude and you will reap the benifits 100%.. First you, then me.:yay: :yikes:

I forgot the best part: Seems I am at the age when they do a pregnancy test (53) :rotfl: :rofsign:
That's one test I don't want to pass :loll:I thought you'd get a kick out of this....
Talk Soon,

I just posted this on Diana's thread but I'll put it here as well.....My aunt had a child at 54! when I was Working as a nurse I worked on the OBS ward. A man in his mid 30's asked if it was possible to see Baby X. I asked if he was the father and he replied "No, I'm the brother"!!!!! Mom was 56! You can't be too careful...:whistle:

Hello Debbie,
I just wanted to tell you what a great comfort you have been to all of us :)
I read what you told Izzie about PT pushing us to do too much. She took your advice & they
are being very gentle with her today :ok:We must stick-up for ourselves even in the hospital
with Doc. & nurse's telling us we "must" do this or that.
Lesson learned.... :martini:

consult with your surgeon regarding what medication to take the day of the surgery, scared.

Hi you lot! I'm saying hello!
Although I want to join in and follow I'm not getting alerts to keep up. I'm popping in now though.
Nice to catch up.

Yes talk to the OS and anaesthetist about what you can take in the days prior to surgery - I went through my meds at my pre-op and they were very helpful

Hello Debbie,
Hope you are doing well & not in alot of pain :) Have a nice long memorial day weekend !
I believe we are getting rain until Monday ( Boston) we will still cook-out though. I see Izzie is back
on line tonight- I was so nervous when I didn't hear from her all day :beg:I think I had an anxiety attack,
but I didn't do any Ativan ( that's for surgery day) :rotfl: I see the jurors are stuck on if Jodi should get
the death penalty or not.....she should get life with no parole ( make her think about what she did!)
Take Care,

Hi Debbie, how are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a while, just wondering if you had scheduled your surgery?? Let me hear from you when you get a chance. Hugs to you.

Hi Debbie,
How are you? Good I hope. It is so cold here (BOSTON) I am under a comforter with the
heat on :what: I just brought my hanging plants in. Did you read insojobo's recovery thread? :rotfl: :rofsign:
it is hilarious & will make you laugh out loud.
Talk Soon,

Hi Ya ALL, Well this is my good by to the Pre Op part of my journey. Tomorrow is my day and I am jazzed. Almost all packed gotta take the toe nail polish off and then the shower with that antiseptic stuff. Oh, and I got an I Pod from my mileage points and loaded it with music to sleep and a playlist to exercise or walk by... I have never had one and the quality is so good. I loaded 60's music and can't wait to use it. Saving it for tomorrow.

Cheers, see you on the other side.

Best of luck, you are both mentally and physically ready and should have a good outcome.
Will be waiting to hear how things went.
David

Good luck to you! Hope you have an uneventful recovery!!

Good luck Betsy! Life will be so much better - and you do sound so well-prepared! Looking forward to your new thread ... on the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads