it is PROPOFOL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

creblue

Country
United States United States
yes, the Dr. I saw pre op was Spanish!. I knew that didnt sound right!. Anyway, I thought An epidural was used to avoid GA. Why havbe an epidural then?? i am questioning this with my OS for clarification.

Cre- I had GA and a nerve block. That was in my groin area. Maybe he does GA with an epidural. Gives 1-2 days relief till removed............

Creblue, I think getting clarification from your doctor is the best plan. Let us know what you find out, okay?

ok, clarification is best. but if i can take a guess it is for the pca pump afterwards. i'm having spinal with consious sedation. and wondered if anyone can tell me the difference in how i will feel. i've always had general.
monique

If you're like me, you'll be instantly alert, not at all groggy, no nausea, no sore throat, and no memory of anything that happened in surgery!. Bonus is that spinal also usually provides additional hours of complete pain relief, and as it starts to wear off, your IV pain meds are taking over. I thought it was awesome! :thmb:

Now THAT'S good anesthesiology!!! Like a well choreagraphed musical!!! :)

I have had both rather recently and have to agree with PRGal. The spinal plus sedation had me wake up more aware. Still a long time later . The spinal has you wake up in no pain too.
judy

Dakota, where are you from? I want spinal with conscious sedation, i couldnt think of the term i wnted to describe the sedation i want. No tube down my throat for me!!!

Creblue
I've had the tube down the throat a few times and did not even know it. You are asleep when it goes in and comes out. You will be fine
judy

I had the tube down.too! You poor thing how you are driving yourself nuts like this! Just remember, you are going to be ASLEEP and will be so out of it!!!! No matter how long you are under" you will wake up, be FINE and have a new PART!!! Think of THAT instead!!!! NO MORE PAIN!!!! How did your chest X ray come out? Don't drive yourself crazier!!! :)

all my tests were ok except urine!! I have UTI that I wasnt even aware of and now must take 750 mg of lovaquin.

yes, the Dr. I saw pre op was Spanish!. I knew that didnt sound right!. Anyway, I thought An epidural was used to avoid GA. Why havbe an epidural then?? i am questioning this with my OS for clarification.

Not at all, creblue. Spinals are often given in concert with a GA. Not at all uncommon and there are often good reasons for it and a THR might be considered by some to be one.

I worked with a gynae chap whose anaesthetist use to anaesthetise his patients and then given them a spinal. That's why, when he was to do my hysterectomy, I went to the other hospital where he worked but had a different gasman!

creblue - i had a uti that i was unaware of also!! just what we need to hear, but you'll be fine! I had sedation, as the dr called it 'dont give a dam' and i really didnt! he gave me a small amount before the epidural, and all i remember is a slight scratch on my back then next thing im waking up in recovery, no groggyness or anything just a lack of memory!! the epidural was a god send the first few days, was pressing the boost button like it was going out of fashion! I wasn't allowed morphine as im only a slight thing so it would have sent me completely do-lally!!:)

Bean! Those things are regulated! We all know how important good pain relief is!

We do indeed Judles, its the best feeling in the world when they give you something to stop the pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie