IT Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayberry

Jo, Is it possible for the IT band to be to tight, We have tried all kinds of stretches and none of them are working. It is so tight that on the side of my thigh and down to the side of my knee we can feel it like a thick,thick rubber band. Jaimie maybe you know the answer. Any thoughts, suggestions. Go to OS on Wednesday.

Mayberry

Hi Mayberry. I dont have the answer but miss seeing you on here. You know they will all be along soon. Hang i there........Hope you feel better soon...........Kim

Kim, Miss being on also. Things were going pretty well except for this IT band thing. Pretty sore today tried being superwoman yesterday and thought I could get on my porch without using the steps.How dumb was that? Ate u know what and hurt like u know what today.

Mayberry

Mayberry, I think it is possible for the IT Band to be very tight and feel as you describe. It didn't get that way overnight and I think you just need to continue doing the stretches and exercises with your PT. It may take a while to feel more normal. I know it's difficult to be patient, but sometimes you just have to work at things for a while before they are better. Of course, when you do things like climb on a high porch without using the steps....that tends to set you back a little....so please try to stay in moderation for a month or so.

Inflammation in the ilio-tibial band feels like a tight band, Mayberry. Sometimes it needs a needs some massage to go along with the stretches. If your PT won't/can't, try going to a chiropractor.

ai44.tinypic.com_2eaurnc.jpg

Thanks Jo didnt even think about deep massage from the chiro. I am lucky since my son will be home in a week and is finishing his 2nd year of chiropractic school. He said he will work on it and show me some other stretches I can do. Jaimie I promise not to try and be superwoman again.

Mayberry

Yay!! That sounds like a result, Mayberry. I wait to hear good news!

Ok, Mayberry!!! Glad you aren't thinking Superwoman! Just take it easy! :)

I guess that's one of the things I haven't researched yet, and really should have. How many muscles and tendons, etc. does the doc cut through to do the knee replacement???

Jo, Is it possible for the IT band to be to tight, We have tried all kinds of stretches and none of them are working. It is so tight that on the side of my thigh and down to the side of my knee we can feel it like a thick,thick rubber band. Jaimie maybe you know the answer. Any thoughts, suggestions. Go to OS on Wednesday.

Mayberry

By now you have seen your OS. I am curious as to what he told you. I had a THR and had/have a terrible time with the IT band and mucsles in the thigh. Mostly due to a bum knee. It has taken 6 weeks for the upper part of the IT band and muscles to feel better but not around the knee.

Keep at the stretches they do work but just go EASY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
OsteoBionicGal
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom