BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

[TKR] IronGirl6’s Recovery<<

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Recovery Area' started by IronGirl6, Nov 7, 2018.

1. sistersinhim

sistersinhim FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

United States United States
    The only times I can remember being aware of my implant after healed was when it was extremely cold outside and it penetrated into the implant. It was quite painful for a few hours. After that it was fine.

I imagine your feeling was caused by the long ride you had, since that's the only thing different that you've done. I think you're doing the right thing to recovery.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IronGirl6

IronGirl6 member

Thanks so much. The rest seems to have done both knees a lot of good. Had a long drive today, got out of the car and that darn fibula went “kerrrsnap” again , feels like it’s back in alignment again as it’s easier to bend my knee again. :gaah:

Feeling of metal seems to be gone, and original knee feels better too. Guess I just did too much! Always the case. That’s how I wound up with a TKR @45... sigh. :censored:

:yahoo:Did anyone who did yoga prior to TKR have trouble getting their leg to bend and lie on the ground, like in pigeon pose or sitting “Indian style”? That feels like my last frontier of challenge. That and this darn trick bone that dislocates...

But I’ll say it again - it is a compete miracle that I can walk up and down steep hills with no pain! Last year I could barely walk down a sidewalk without a lot of cursing! :egypdance:

3. sistersinhim

sistersinhim FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

I couldn't begin to sit like that. I've not done it in years and won't try it now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. KarriB

KarriB FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

Sitting cross legged is something I don’t think I’ll ever do again, but I am planning on trying Pilates this fall.