Knee Infection* Infection?

Thanks for your prayers and wise explanation, Jamie. I see the new surgeon today so am praying for answers. I did have IV antibiotics for 6 weeks - did not fix the problem. May have the surgery but my primary care doctor is cautious due to my age, diabetes, blood clots in the past. Such a Delimma.

Thanks gingerbread- please keep praying. I need to make a decision soon.

Thanks everyone for your responses and advice. Especially Your Prayers. Going to new surgeon Next Week to Discuss revision surgery. I ‘m over this As it’s been a year. Something is not right. Recently tried to be normal and take a trip. Felt like an invalid. Could do very little. Will post after Doctor visit .

I pray you find the answer with your new doctor.

Praying for you. :console2::prayer:

Hi all—i will undergo a second right knee TKR with a two stage surgery. Will have a spacer Put in to get rid of infection, then in a few months, the last part of the surgery will put in new prosthesis. Has anyone had this procedure and what was it like? How is the outcome.? Very fearful

@Freebird88
I‘m sorry your facing revision surgery, but it’s the best way to treat this infection. Make sure you have an Infectious Disease doctor on your case.

By the way, I moved your post to your recovery thread so that all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your questions in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you. You can always bookmark this thread so you can find it easily.

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery. :flwrysmile:

Here is a list of other members who have had infections and talk about the recoveries from the procedures they had done.

Thanks For Any and all advice. Can someone who has Had success with a Two-stage procedure please let me know. There seems to be some bad outcomes. I need positive Input from anyone who has done well after the 2 stage. Thanks so much

Ok, everyone who has commented, thanks so much. First knee aspiration by a radiologist showed no growth on culture. A sharp doctor aspirated it again and found staph infection. I will have the 2 stage surgery on Thursday, October 14th. Will have new implant in early December if all goes well. Would LOVE to. Hear from anyone who has gone through this and heard what’s the outcome was. Very emotional at this time. By the way, infection WAS indeed on the hardware. Nightmare.

I’m so sorry you are going through this.

Here is a list of member’s threads who have dealt with infection. You can see in each member’s signature if they had the 2 stage revision you are having.

@Freebird88 , I had my first stage surgery Oct. 1. Home antibiotics is easy, getting around is doable with walker. I don't know what to expect going forward. PT and occupational therapy don't really have much info for me, neither does the home health nurse. I see my surgeon and infectious disease Dr next week. I'm hoping they'll have answers for me. I'm happy to share with you through our journey.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom