TKR Increase of stiffness and back of knee pain<

It wouldn't hurt to call your OS if it doesn't seem to be improving.

It's amazing how much ice helps with swelling and pain. It was my 'go to' when I was having them.

I hope that the situation continues to improve.

It has improved after about a week of ice and as much rest as I can do it is back to its now normal self. Today it was feeling great so I got on my stationary again for a short ride no problems at all! I don’t know why I was so worried :what: but it’s all a learning process I guess...:flwrysmile:
Robo

Happy knee anniversary to me!! One year today! I’m so glad I decided to have my knee done! Best of all I am so glad I found this forum! It helped me so much and continues to help whenever I am in need of advise!!
Thank you everybody!
Robo

Happy Anniversary!! :flwrysmile:

It’s great to hear you’re so happy you had your knee done! :happydance:

Congratulations! So good to read about the long term benefits... as we sit in the early crisis of recovery. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I have a dilemma... my knee is doing pretty well at just over a year. It does get stiff after a day on my feet (we are talking a good 8 hours of lifting and carting buckets). some days, not all I have pain in the am and need Tylenol to help. My company just raised my insurance to a level that would be very very difficult to maintain and live comfortably. Maybe even less than that.
I have known my knee was going to be replaced and have maintained the highest level of coverage. How is the second year on issues? Do people experience a lot of issues in the second year or am I safe just going with a minimal health insurance? I just was wanting an opinion on knee issues the second year out... obviously I will have to make my own decisions.. but hoping for some help.

I think most people that feel good at one year are unlikely to have a serious problem that second year, but that is just my opinion from a statistical point of view and the people I know with tkr's (not a medical opinion or specific to you). In my case, just over a year, I have enough lingering problems that I'm preparing for the possibility of more medical expenses and time in my upcoming year. I still have the warmth, and a couple pain spots that I'm trying to deal with via PT rather than risk arthroscopic surgery.
I admit to being wary of Murphy's law. In this context, if I reduced my insurance, I might be more likely to have a health problem. Therefore I'd pay for more, and not have to use it.

Rustic...Thank you for your response! I too am one of those Murphy’s law type of people.
Yes statistically I do believe most people have after a year been good to go.... but as I was contemplating this change I started paying more attention to my latest knee issues, pain in certain spots, stiffness after what I consider a short amount of time, also some more clicking under my patella.... all of which is fairly normal, I think?...But in my mind could lead to something else. I found a happy medium plan while it’s not as full coverage as I had before it will bring me peace of mind.
Thanks for your input!
Robo

I agree with rustic. If you've had an uncomplicated recovery during the first year and your knee is coping with with your demanding job, It's probably not going to give you major problems from now on.

There's never a 100% guarantee that nothing will go wrong, though, so you'll have to decide whether to continue to pay a higher premium, or to take a slight risk and go for the cheaper, but less comprehensive, cover..

I would add ... probably should start a bit of an extra savings, program if you go with the lesser plan!

I say this because my daughter and hubby decided to do the high, high deductible, low premium... daughter needed a surgery, 4 year-old twin granddaughter had to be in the hospital for 2 days with an embedded tooth pick in her foot, an MRI and removal treatment and as I write this my daughter is in the ER for the second time this week with possible ulcer! All this in 2019!

I'd say, go with Murphy's law, which is just an opinion:egypdance:

@Macknit
:fingersx:
I agree with all. I have always had the best plan my company had available. This year I have had to buy a car due to a young girl texting on her phone and running into me and my paid off perfectly good car! The shock of an extra 1/3 increase of insurance was very hard on me.
I am getting older and with my knee I looked at my options and I’ve found a comparable plan which will only be a $20 increase. The out of pocket is higher but the plan I was on increased that too... so I’m following my Murphy’s Law instincts! The biggest change is from a ppo to an hmo.
Thank you for the advice! I appreciate it!
:thankyou:

I just realized I didn't even answer your question and I really can't answer you because I'm only 8 weeks out :heehee:! However, it sounds like you found a good plan and best of luck in this second year...

@Macknit i found a very good plan so if something happens I'm covered! Best of luck in your recovery!!!

Ok so I’m 14 months out now and this last few days I noticed that I’m having some pain in my RTKR knee... it’s hard to describe but it’s on my right side of the knee it feels like curves around just outside of the patella. It’s a sharp pain it doesn’t travel it kind of feels like its in a spot 3/4 inches Long . i feel it worse going up stairs or stepIng down off a curb. It gets less as I go up but it still there at the top but it doesn’t hurt walking on level ground at all. I really noticed it more today because I hesitated when putting my right leg up first on my stairs while carrying groceries. It’s not there when stretching either. Any thoughts?

Have you done any different activity or movement lately?

Nothing different. I have no problems with bending. As a matter of fact I sit at a taller chair with a metal ring about a foot off the ground ... It used to be so hard to bend my knee to put my foot on the ring.. I don’t even think about it now.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back