BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

Important Information about the BoneSmart App

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jamie, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Jamie

Jamie ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    upload_2019-8-4_17-9-11.png

We apologize to anyone who has gone searching for the BoneSmart app in the app store only to find NOTHING!

Our original BoneSmart app was made available through another app called Tapatalk. We elected that means to create an app because we didn't have funds to totally develop a free-standing app from scratch. This was done in 2015 and it allowed our smart device users to access the BoneSmart website and forum from their devices. This was a big step forward for us back then and MUCH needed. Today about half our members use their smart devices for BoneSmart!

All was well for a while until we began experiencing some problems with Tapatalk's support. Several months ago, we severed ties with Tapatalk and we now recommend that members using any smart devices (iOS or Android) use their device's web browser to access BoneSmart at bonesmart.org. The screens are quite different than what you will see on a desktop or laptop computer, but access to everything is there. And we're always available to help you if you have difficulty.

Unfortunately, Tapatalk will not remove our app from their library, so it's still possible to access BoneSmart that way as well. But, since we are no longer paying fees to Tapatalk, we cannot guarantee how well things will work if you use Tapatalk.

So if we slip sometime and mention something about "the app," we're really talking about accessing BoneSmart via your smart device's web browser - not an actual "app." Forgive us....it's just our way of keeping discussions about the various screens separate.

But the good news is that it is possible to use either iOS or Android smart devices to access BoneSmart!

2. Lucielou

Lucielou new member

Thanks for this info. I went to open my app on my iPhone this morning, it showed an update waiting but then I got a message that said the app was not in the App Store anymore. And sure enough when I looked, nothing!! Scared me a bit so I came to the site- relieved to find you still here. So I can delete the app from my phone??

3. alexthecat

alexthecat MODERATOR Administrator

Yes, you can go ahead and delete the app. Use your mobile browser to access the Bonesmart forum and website.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019