TKR I'm ready

@InkedMarie
You're bionic now!
I'll be catching up to you after RTKR..
2 knees, 1 shoulder with another probably next yr. Really hoping the hip is ok.
I need to go read your knee recovery thread.
We had a fun group in 2018 with the tkr's

@InkedMarie
We should do a "where are they now"
Im rereading my thread from tkr#1. It really was a fun bunch.

Hi Beachy,
So happy that you have settled on a date for your knee. You’re a pro since it’s the second knee. I’ve been watching this board to see if you rescheduled.
Quick question about your hip bursitis. I was diagnosed with this before my first knee and PT helped. This time not doing much. We’re you able to get the cortisone shot in the office or did it have to be done with fluoroscopy?

@gia2cats
Hi! I do remember you from 1sr tkr. We had same surgeon, right?
I did get a cortisone shot in left hip last week. It has helped. It aches a bit, but much less than pre shot. I can be on my feet much longer.
It was done in the office. I had an X-Ray guided one about 2 yrs ago and it didn't help.
Doc did say there is significant arthritis in left hip, too.
His plan is to do the rtkr then if hip gets worse to get an mri.
I started with a chiropractor last week, too for the scoliosis.
Fun times!

IMG_20221116_072738.jpg
Newbies.....
This grabber thingy (not the pumpkin) was used every day during my first TKR. I still use it alot to reach stuff that's up high.
I kept it by my recliner nest during recovery.
Oops...dropped remote. No problem.
Ooos....dropped my phone. No worries.
Oops.....dog fell off my lap. Didn't work for that.
After walker, toilet riser, ice machine this little gadget ranked right up there.

Oops.....dog fell off my lap. Didn't work for that.
I love this!

I’ve also read that you should have 2 grabbers, an extra to pick up the one you drop. :heehee:

I still use mine, in fact I bought mine years before my knee replacement, but mine is to pick things up off the floor, it hurts my back to have to reach down to the floor. My husband had a good time kidding me about the grabber, he called it “the craw” quote taken from one of the Get Smart shows! :rotfl:

And I love your pumpkin, table runner and white table set.

@Jockette
The craw? LOL
Maybe I should get 2 more. Third one to pick up second that I dropped trying to pick up first one.
It is so handy.
My house....had to buy all new furniture when we moved here:yikes:
We had a bed and a sofa when we moved here. Left all the furniture at the beach condo when we sold it.

@beachy I love my grabber too! I used it a lot more during my hip surgeries and not as much for the knee, but it is still priceless if something falls behind the washer or dryer or under the couch, etc. I still keep it by my recliner in case I get all set up with my pillows, heating pad, ice machine, and blanket (it’s a process!) and realize that my ice machine’s battery is low. I can use the grabber to reach the power cord to plug my machine in without undoing my whole set up. But if, after all that, my dog starts barking to be let in or out…well, I hope he appreciates what I have to go through to get the door for him! :heehee:

@gia2cats
I can say that its been about 3 weeks since the hip cortisone shot and the hip bursitis is completely gone...for now. Just realized it yesterday when I realized how many days I've been on my feet non-stop with no pain.

@gia2cats
I can say that its been about 3 weeks since the hip cortisone shot and the hip bursitis is completely gone...for now. Just realized it yesterday when I realized how many days I've been on my feet non-stop with no pain.
Good to hear, Beachy. Seriously considering a visit to Dr. McK to ask about that. Exercises do help but I’d like a little more pain relief. When I fractured my pelvis in August, the CT scan showed hip arthritis. Just great!

@gia2cats
Wow! You fractured your pelvis??? So sorry , that must have been painful.
My hip on bursitis side showed arthritis, too. Yeah, fun times.
Exercises for bursitis seemed to inflame more than help for me. Icing was only temporary relief.
The bursitis pain us still there, but not nearly as bad. Only aches if I sleep on that side.
Love Dr McK! Only wish he was closer.
Get that cortisone shot....can't hurt, right?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back