THR I'm leaning towards not having this operation. Does anyone know someone who didn't get it when they needed it?

have to agree with this. In my case, as terrified as I was of the surgery and all it involved, the pain left me no choice
Agree with @JusticeRider - you will know when there is no choice.
For me before my partial knee replacement, it was the fact that my leg was becoming so crooked due to the damage to one side of my knee that I was getting intolerable hip pain and sciatica.
There is always a chance that things won't turn out exactly as you hope with surgery. But if you know that surgery was inevitable then you can't regret it.

@Solar7 - I’m the guy @LaKarune kindly mentioned in her replies to you. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no world-class athlete or fighter out there doing flying spinning kicks to people. But … I’m in a much better place since getting my hips fixed. I went from limping around (grinning-and-bearing it) and gritting my teeth after working out due to soreness, to now, 3 months out from my second hip and I’m entirely pain-free and have such better flexibility and range-of-motion. I definitely had second thoughts about getting the surgery done and kept convincing myself that it “wasn’t so bad” but honestly once I woke up from surgery and didn’t have that familiar pain, it was all worth it.

Yes, the recovery isn’t a ball of fun and it takes a while to feel yourself, but it will be a better version of yourself overall. Now, you have some issues that I didn’t have to deal with, and I can sympathize that it may not be so easy to say “just get the surgery!” but at the same time, you shouldn’t come up with so many reasons not to. Like many have said, you really don’t need the aggressive rehab. And while I can appreciate how hot it is where you are, you don’t have to walk miles and miles. After the first few weeks, if you are walking down the street and back, that’s plenty. Just make sure to not sit on the couch for hours at a time. Get up and move inside your place. That, plus the little exercises they give you, will be fine (in addition to ice).

Last, as others have said, you may have extra things you need to do before getting the surgery. Mental health is nothing to ignore or take lightly, but please understand that this surgery, in the realm of surgeries, is very straightforward and well-understood. There are no guarantees, but the likely outcome of this surgery, given your age, is a very good one. I wish you the best!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom