I'm back!

@julesglass,
Welcome back!
Please post your surgery date, a moderator will add it to your signature for you. Thanks!

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic hip?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

Thanks for the howdy Pumpkin. Waiting to hear from doc on a date. Heading to the library to freshen up.

@julesglass Welcome back! Sounds like you are more than ready to join the double hippie club! We will be with you through the journey again!

Here I am, tired and yet not able to get sleep. Maybe it's the tramadol I took. Helped with pain, however cant get to sleep. Gotta be going to work in three hours, bummer.

Sorry you are having sleep problems. Part of the journey I am afraid. Hope you get your surgery date soon!

Hi, Happy Thursday. Glad you've joined us once again.
I'm sorry about your rough night.
Hopefully you're really tired tonight, fall asleep easily and get some restorative rest.
Sometimes after a night of tossing and turning, I'm amazed at how I easily forget I'm going on little sleep during the day.
Wishing you the energy you need for the day until your head hits the pillow tonight :yawn: :sleep:
@julesglass

Thanks for all your comments. Got a call from surgery scheduler . July is when I want to take care of lefty so I gotta call end of April to schedule for July. Lots to do getting ready for surgery however slow and steady with plenty of time till then.

Happy Saturday! I hope you have a lovely weeknd.
Let us know the date once its scheduled and it will be added to your signature.
Wishing you comfort as you await your July date.
@julesglass

I love this place. Only those that traveled this road gets it.

It's a difficult road as others roads have been for us all. Been through mental and emotional pain, however chronic physical pain takes the first place for pain. It takes so much from us, physically, mentally and emotionally.

That's why this forum is so special. Here we are connected. Listening, giving encouragement and experience. Those around me try to understand what I'm going through, bless theirs heart they try.

I live alone now. My daughter was with me with my first THR. Now I gotta rely on others this time. Don't know how it'll work out. However I'm ready. Sister-in-law lives close to help.

Hire for mowing the lawn, board pets for hospital stay. Get financially set for time off of work. Pain pills are a must now to get done what is needed. I'm not a quitter as I know none of us bonesmart hippies are! That's what keeps me pushing forward.

Hey there, Jules! Welcome back! What date will your new hip be done?

Hello @julesglass ,
You had two pre-op threads with the same title, which was confusing, so I've merged them.

It's OK to have more than one thread in the pre-op area, as long as the thread titles aren't the same.

Don't have a date yet. Got to call late April to schedule for July. Looking ahead as I get through the present.

Another day is done and so am I. Did manage to get through work with no pain pills. Spent some time with grandaugthers, now recliner time. I know I got time till surgery date however so much to do before then. This living alone sucks when it takes so long to get a ten minute chore done. I need to list what needs done and want done. Gotta get bedroom rearranged for left side. Had a friend ask me what keeps me from getting things done. I responded, pain. I don't like sitting so much and one now with weather warning up I want to get out and do something other than sit in my yard. Oh well, as a friend told me once, you gotta get tough or die.

Yeah it is getting harder to keep my chin up @59billy. Weekends are the worse.Looking around the house wondering what I can get done other than dishes and laundry. First year to hire a guy to mow. Mom says I'm bullheaded. We here just take a breath, muster up the strength and keep moving to the light of surgery at the end of a very dark tunnel. You are there, one more step. Lay back and receive all the help in words and deeds.

Quite right @Carriemay60! I got my first "words of encouragement " today. I took on a project to restore a couple of simple panels of glass back before winter. Too cold to work on them till now. I let her know that I wouldn't have panels done by Easter due to my hip. She texted back that was fine and hoped my hip would feel better soon. What could I do?? I gave out a belly laugh and said to no one "I wish"! Made my afternoon as I was taking a pane of glass out of sash.:heehee:

Morning fellow hippies. I hired a guy to take care of lawn for me. He's cousin of a friend. I feel good take he watches for flowers. I don't have many, just nice to know I won't lose any. Stopped at vet to get pricing for boarding dog and cat. Gal at desk had to write it out for me. When she was done she turned to other gal and commented they needed to have a pamphlet on boarding. Work is going better thanks to pain pills. Nights are tough, cause I don't take it. Lefty hurts so much down into my knee. Figure I'll call after Easter for surgery date. Have a good weekend to everone!

We have some stuff I found online for pets. I think I googled pet sitting or walking. Just people like your neighbour types that might be interested in boarding or popping in a couple times a day. Here it is about 75% cheaper than traditional boarding. Might be people that are not allowed pets in their rental full time or people that don't want the 15 year commitment.
Happy to hear you got someone for the lawn. My husband will do the lawn ONLY but no gardening so will hire some kids to spread nice mulch in the beds this year and just aspire to a few pots.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom