BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. Announcing BoneSmart's NEW Joint Surgeon Locator tool

We are pleased to now offer a tool to help you find just the right surgeon for your needs.

Read more about this in this announcement:

Dismiss Notice

I'm back!

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by julesglass, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Mojo333

Mojo333 FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

United States United States
    Hope your ear is feeling better and so happy to hear you have your date.
    Time to get well!:yes:

2. julesglass

julesglass senior

Morning @Mojo333. Got different antibiotics yesterday, xray to check for pneumonia and lab to check what I'm coughing up. Xray clear and waiting on lab report that takes 3 days. Going back to work tomorrow. Haven't had a full work week in a month. My dog is loving the extra days I'm home. You all take care, lots of respiratory infection out there.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Jaycey

Jaycey SUPER MODERATOR Moderator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @julesglass Hope your infection clears quickly. And I am so sorry you have to go back to work with it. Please take care of yourself.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Mojo333

Yes...please do take care!:friends:

5. julesglass

julesglass senior

I'm so much better! I hadn't realized how long I've been unwell. I've got my energy back and can't use it up. Blasted lefty keeps say " no I don't want to" like a tired toddler.:tantrum: I just smile thinking "You wait, your day's coming and you'll be out of me":heehee:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. leejaa

leejaa post-grad

Love your line that "soon you will be out of me". I say the same thing to my hip - I know how to deal with you "off with your head".

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. julesglass

julesglass senior

What was I thinking or better yet why wasn't I thinking!!! :yikes: Got home from work, took Lucy to the dog park, picked up some beer and went to friend's house. We had dinner then out to the bar/garage. When I got up today lefty was screaming bloody murder:yikes:. I've gone over last night in my head and realized I was standing at the bar not sitting as usual. #$^&##^$/(()!!!!! Well it's on me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Cecropia

Cecropia member

Well you sort of sound like me...I feel better....so vacuum house, dust, bend over many times....then wonder why my hip is catching again in a mean Charlie horse at the leg crease and I collapse in my glider and can't move. Then I tell myself, it's just tendonitis not the hip. Until I get this surgery over and at least 6 weeks of recovery, will I finally believe it's the hip...even tho my first meeting with a PT, after her testing all positions, she said it's your hip, and OS says it's the arthritis, all else looks not so bad, but I cannot do the laying down flat straight leg raise without wanting to scream, which my OS checks every couple weeks. He does not make me raise it but asks me to try, and I just can't.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  9. julesglass

julesglass senior

Happy Mother's Day to all! Going to hang out with my mama today. Got my preop papers yesterday in the mail. All appointments on June 18th. Gotta remember to let doctor and hospital know I have heredity factor for blood clots. Didn't know this 3yrs ago. Noticed on the list of meds to stop before surgery that the meloxicam I'm taking is not listed. I was required to stop taking it 2 weeks before surgery. I'll remind them. Lawn mower man's helper weed wacked my poppies. Mower man brought me four new plants. This last respiratory infection worried me so I'm transferring over to a electronic device, it's going good. Next week I'll be done with cigarette. Take care all!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Elf1

Elf1 member

@julesglass nice that the mower man bought you some replacement plants.

Good luck on the kicking cigarettes, tough thing to do and you have to want it. I finally did it when I got thrown in hospital for 3 days for potassium levels. Had me hooked up to all kinds of stuff so couldn't sneak away. :walking: So when I got out decided to see how long I could go. A little over 3 years now. I wish you the best.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. mainegirl1

mainegirl1 new member

Julesglass I believe you can kick cigarettes. Some of us need a swift kick in the pants. A 95 percent Left Coronary Artery blockage did it for me. 5 years ago.. After I got out of the hospital ( it was overnight and a stent was placed) I put the butts in a garbage can and jumped in to stomp on them. Before then lectures were worthless. It was up to me.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  12. julesglass

julesglass senior

Morning to all! We had beautiful weather yesterday. Sun, nice breeze and my guy friends taking down roof antenna that is destroyed. They're planning to install new garage door opener soon (I hope, I hope). I was out there planting my new poppies, putting a little bearer to prevent another destruction. I had so much fun being outside enjoying everything. As I and friend were talking we noticed a new neighbor out trying to mow with a push mower. One that has no motor other than you. His grass was too tall for mower to handle it. We've had so much rain it got away from him. Friend and I dug out my old mower and a unused gas can, took that over for him. It hadn't been run for about 3yrs so it took alot of huffing and puffing for him to get it running. Oh the smile on neighbor's face when it finally fired up. I worked on a glass project in the garage the remainer of day into evening. Of course I paid dearly for wonderful day. It was worth it. Antenna down, poppies in and smile on my neighbor's face. Today is just to rest, laundry and what dishes need done. It's all good even when it's not.:friends:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mojo333

Such a lovely positive attitude...I shall take this with me today.
    Thank you @julesglass :roseshwr:

• Friendly Friendly x 1