Lounge Doctor

THR I'm Back, anyone else in their 80's?

OP
OP
F

Fearful

Country
United States United States
Layla, I'm overwhelmed by your understanding and caring. Actually, I'm touched by all of the responses and it strangely makes me feel connected. I've been very lonely since the virus. My children and grandchildren are spread over the US but we do speak once a week and text.

My daughter came over last night and I introduced her to Bonesmart.org and she was really impressed. She promised to keep reading it for information and help while caring for me. We've also decided to hire a friend of my granddaughters to look in on me as much as needed after the two weeks. This does give me a sense of comfort.

I always feel much stronger in the mornings. It's at night that I start feeling anxious. But I can do this!!

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
We've also decided to hire a friend of my granddaughters to look in on me as much as needed after the two weeks.
Really good idea! Just to have someone check on you and maybe pick up groceries or other items you might need in the early days is very comforting.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hey there Faithful :wave:I hope you had a nice overnight and slept well.
You‘re not the only one feeling lonely during this pandemic. People simply don’t feel as safe going out as they did a mere five months ago. Isolation isn’t an ideal situation, nor is it healthy or normal. But please don’t forget that you’re never alone here, so come back as often as you feel the need. We’re here for you.

I’m happy to hear you’ll have help if you need it after your first couple of weeks of recovery. Such a relief I’ll bet and while you may never need the help, it is a comfort to know it’s available.

I think problems always feel magnified at night, or in the dark when you feel you’re the only one in the world that’s awake while everyone else is peacefully sleeping. Thankfully you don’t have long to wait and before you know it you’ll have surgery behind you and be on your way to healing and happy! :happydance: And you’re right, You Can Do This! :)
@Fearful

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:hi:
Well..tomorrow is your big day. Stopping by to say Hi and wish you only the best. I hope to see you soon on the recovery side where we can leave you some guidelines and offer support and encouragement as you begin healing. A warm hug coming your way!
@Fearful

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow and a smooth pain controlled recovery. I hope we see you on the recovery pages when you are up to it.

Woodstockhip

Country
My mother-in-law had hip surgery at 83 (Fell off a ladder washing windows!) and fractured her pelvis at 88 while picking apples! She is now 92, walks without aid and without a limp. She’s a remarkable lady. I suspect we are all a little fearful but the support here is great and even once your daughter leaves, we will be around!

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@Fearful
Wishing you the very best tomorrow! Soon you will have a new hip that doesn’t hurt and you will soon be so relieved that it’s over.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Thinking of you and sending you healing vibes in advance.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
GreenEyez
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom