Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

TKR I'm baack!

Miggie

Country
United States United States
Hi everyone, scheduled for LTKR March 31, 2020. Was here for my RTHR in 2017.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Welcome back, @Miggie.
I'll add your new surgery date to your signature and also add your name to the March Musketeers surgery group.

Here's some pre-op reading, to help you prepare for surgery:
If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic knee?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

Sara61

Forum Advisor
Country
Portugal Portugal
Welcome back- I'm sure all will go well with your surgery on the 31st and as you have already done this before you already know the ropes, I'm now at a stage where I can honestly say I would happily have my other knee replaced too.
Will follow your posts.

KneeHelp

Country
As much as I disliked (positively hated, lol) the TKR recovery process I know the other knee is in the future. I am extremely happy and grateful the technology exists to help me walk.

I agree, I know what I will not be bullied into for the next surgery. My surgeon was great, PT not so much.

Sending vibes your way for an amazing recovery, you'll do great!

OP
OP
Miggie

Miggie

Country
@Sara61 I was originally going to have both knees done at once, but I chickened out I've been told that knee recovery is harder than the hip and didn't think I was up to it. My doc thinks that having the worse one replaced may give me more time before the other needs to be done. So, I'm getting all my pre op appointments taken care of and getting set up for the recovery.

OP
OP
Miggie

Miggie

Country
Was busy last week, had pre-op done, some cardiac testing done and got the ok from cardiologist for surgery, and blood work. Now getting my recovery aids together, have all that I need from my hip, just a matter of locating them Will be glad when this is done.

OP
OP
Miggie

Miggie

Country
Yesterday I got the call I was dreading, my surgery was cancelled. I understand the reasoning, but I was mentally ready to get it done. No idea when it can be rescheduled. So will be in a holding pattern for now. I wish everyone good luck with your surgery and recovery. Will be checking in on you all.

pamsknees

Country
So sorry Miggie - it’s hard to have it cancelled when you’ve prepared. I think at this point I would want to be at a hospital either. I was released early as they rushed to get everyone out on Weds.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Harryrightknee
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom