If your experience is like mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeMax

......you have no reason to worry. Had surgery Tuesday morning and was sitting on the edge of the bed four hours later. Did not attempt walking that day as I was pretty wiped from the anaesthesia. Wednesday morning they had me doing laps with a walker, then an exercise routine, then another session like that in the afternoon. Stayed Wed. night, Thursday morning did stairs with one crutch, had the dressing changed and out the door. I'm on 7.5 vicodin/ 375 tylenol mix. Only take 3 in any 24 hour period. One little surprise is self injecting Lovenox for two weeks for anti coagulation. Took a shower this morning, Friday, as I was cleared to do so when they changed the dressing on Thurs, as there was no weeping at the incision site. No restrictions on activity other than what my body tells me. I can only hope that anyone else on deck for a replacement that they have as favorable an experience as I.

Welcome Joe Max! What great news! I had a stellar recovery as well!!! Thank G-d!! (:)0)

Think positive!!! ALWAYS a great idea!!! (:)0)

hey Joe amazing.....i didnt care for the shots.lol.but had to do it...keep up the good work....congrats to you......keep us updates............)

Wow congratulations on such a speedy recovery!!! I'm praying that God will make mine as speedy as possible. That is incredible though you must have had a very healthy body prior to your surgery?

-Binderella

Joe that is an amazing recovery beginning. Make sure to get enough rest though, you did have major surgery!!!
judy

Wow congratulations on such a speedy recovery!!! I'm praying that God will make mine as speedy as possible. That is incredible though you must have had a very healthy body prior to your surgery?

-Binderella

I would encourage anyone contemplating surgery to get into condition. My aerobic activities were somewhat curtailed prior to surgery by the hip pain. Swimming was suggested but I am just not a person who would go to a swimming facility on a consistent basis. But I did pursue a weightlifting routine that I have pretty much always followed. I just placed a little more emphasis on the hip muscles. While it was a little painful at times, I figured I would not worry about causing any more damage to the joint. Weight was a little bit of an issue as I had gained a little. At my pre-surg physical I was up to 203 while my usual weight usually hovered around 190. But pain was a pretty big issue for the few months before the surgery and it was just tooo easy to park in the La-Z-Boy and watch TV. The pain did not prevent me from doing anything I really wanted to do but it was a convenient excuse to avoid activity. The La-Z-Boy is great even post surgically as I can position it to create an angle at the hips that leaves me completely comfortable. Darn near as good as a hospital bed. I have had great care at home with a wife who has seen to my creature comforts. She owed me though as I was her caregiver when she had a bone spur removed on a foot a few years back. My younger son was a godsend as he had rehabbed at our house 3 years ago from some pretty extensive knee surgery. He knew all the tricks. If all continues to go as well, I will consider myself verrrry fortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
shibbard
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom