Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

TKR Ice machine pad type

gooseisland1

Country
United States United States
Hello to All,
I am in the process of purchasing a DonJoy ice machine for my upcoming TKR surgery. Trying to decide between the universal pad or the Knee pad with the cutout for the knee cap.
Would appreciate any feedback on this subject.
Thanks

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@gooseisland1 I'm sure our members in the knee side will be along soon to give you input on your question. I changed your thread title slightly so it will get the attention it needs.

lovetocookandsew

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I have a lot of experience with the DonJoy. If I may, I would recommend another brand, as my experience with it was that it was great when it was working, but I had to keep getting the machine replaced as none of them lasted long. Even my OS had one after his shoulder surgery and his machine also died an early death.

As for the type of pad, get the universal for sure, if you decide to still buy that one. They had sent me out a replacement pad (one of those died at the connection also) and accidentally sent the knee one instead of the universal I had requested. I didn't like it at all as it was smaller and the area where the hole for the kneecap is didn't get iced at all, which was not good.

My advice, if it's not too late, is to look into a Breg Polar machine. Those get great reviews from a staff member here, plus a few other members also.

Helizabug

graduate
Country
Mine is a Breg, too. I had one years ago, also. I love it. From my point of view, the more area you can cover with the pad, the better. I often wish mine wrapped all the way around to the back of my knee, but that’s not been an enormous issue. And I can shift the way it wraps, so I can use it on any part of my knee. Outside of my minor complaint about the pad, my Breg Polar Cube has been perfect.

OP
OP
G

gooseisland1

Country
Good Morning All,
As of yesterday I am three weeks to surgery. I have all home equipment ready, wish the surgery was tomorrow! I anxious to get this behind me.

pamsknees

Country
Goose island - we must be on the same day - I’m on Mar 16 also with my bilateral. I have everything except the ice machine - I plan to request that at preop on mar5

OP
OP
G

gooseisland1

Country
Good Luck with your bilateral. I have already had my pre-op checkout and ortho class at the hospital.
One visit to the OS office on March 11 then good to go.

pamsknees

Country
I’ve had my class at the hospital, sleep study is tonight, anesthesia appt is tomorrow & then final preop mar 5.

Flpickleballer

Country
I have and recommend the BREG V-Pulse ice machine .....A little expensive but has worked well for me......

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Bob Stiff Knee
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom