IBINLIMPIN's Day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattipoo

post-grad
Country
United States United States
He's going under the knife today!!

Sending good vibes and prayers!! (can I steal his nickname while he's OUT?)

How ORIGINAL~!
Actually, if we'd see "Aintright"...."Stoop" or "Big Girl"...."Perv"...."gunsablazin"......list goes on and on....we'd ALLLL know who it was!

and dadgummit...I was going to make it a point to NOT get off topic today....oh well, I've "blowed" that thar out of the water!

I'm going to have to just turn the Monkey loose on you...Big girl....just cause I now hate the cold.

Cool, my new name, "Iron Knee". Every other day I will be known as "Butt of Bricks".

Speakin' of who's who. Where is Titanium man?

On my day of surgery, I really didn't get nervous until I was in pre-op==then I broke down and blubbered. I will say a prayer for Ibnlimpin---I don't quite think---just like any of us did---that he know's quite what he is getting into. But the future will be brighter for him now that he is having this done.

Tim C.

Same here ref. In pre-op, they had folks lined up in little dimly lit cubes. My wife said when they let her come in, she easily found me. I was the guy on the gurney that looked like a "deer in the headlights". All the stud bravery went out the window.
Oh well Ibnlimpin has started the journey..

Guys, I'm laughing so hard it hurts. I was freaking all the details right up to. And when the anethesiologist said nothing to calm me down I was not to glad. He said somenthing like no, we count on you to be able enough to hold it together til you get in there. (Anetshia ON!!) For binlimpin, there will be no hopping up the stairs as soon as he hopes i think. But who am I. god saw fit to give me the progression 2 be on stairs on day 2. But I do it once a day and with a spotter and it is a long and hard walk up.

I guess I was lucky going into surgery. My surgeon is part of a group that has a private 10-bed hospital right in the same doctor's building. The staff was so great and answered all my stupid questions, provided comfort....so compassionate. My biggest problem this time (as always) was the IV insertion. I'm what's called a "tough stick" because my veins are small and not very visible. But even that turned out okay, so I had no complaints. I have lots to be thankful for. At the time when I had my surgery all the hospitals here in Kansas City were full to the brim with flu patients. Literally NO beds available in some of them. Since the place where I went only had orthopedic patients from my doctor's group, I felt like the chance of getting an infection was greatly reduced. That eased my mind a LOT!!! Evidently some people are trying to do away with these small specialized hospitals, but now that I've been to one, I'm a fan. It was the best in-patient experience I've had. Here's hoping that IBINLIMPIN is back soon to tell us he's doing fine and on his way to recovery.

Jamie, I went the same route as you, 'Knee in a Box'. Everything went so smooth, I guess 'cause thats all they do. All the nurses were great, familiar with what was going on and the whole process was well laid out. PT right down the hall, it couldn't have gone any better.

Hi Jamie! I'm originally from KC. What part of town do you live in? I grew up in the Westport-Plaza area and have moved many, many times since. My husband was a career Marine. We now live outside of Washington DC. I still have family there and go back whenever I can. Karen

Wow, Karen! We live in Olathe. But.....we are both retired from the Marine Corps Finance Center (later called the Defense Finance and Accounting Service when it moved up under DoD). Where was your husband assigned when he worked here? I was at the Center from 1977 through 2003 but also did a lot of work for the 9th District Recruiters and the Reserve Support Center....knew lots of great Marines! Where is your family?

I lost count of the number of patients I soothed and reassured in the holding bay and/or anaesthetic room over the years. I could spot nerves at 40 yds! and in my final job, although I didn't work in the holding bay, it was right opposite the recovery room and if I was free I would make it my business to go to them anyway.

Josephine, you are an angel!!!

Jamie,

My husband was never stationed in KC and not from there. We met in Colorado. That's a long story. But, my sister just happened to join the Marine Corps in 1977/78 and got stationed right there in KC at the Finance Center about what, maybe 5 miles from home? She sure saw the world! She did go to Okinawa for a year. I think she was at the finance center for 3 years. You might know her! Her name was, at the time, Debbie Hoffman. My mother still lives in the same house since the mid 1950s. My sister Deb and brohter live in North KC.
Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562