TKR Ian Bothams Revitive

JoanneC

I got this for christmas but have been scared to use it. My Consultant says he has never heard of this. Is this okay to use with hip replacements and I am due a knee replacement soon. Any advice welcome

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Supposedly this is used to improve circulation issues. Why would you want to "test" it post THR? Unless your surgeon approves I would not use it.

Walking is the best exercise post THR - and then not to excess.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello @JoanneC - and :welome: back.

I see that you posted a few times back in 2008after you had your hip replaced Please will you tell us the full date of that, and which hip it was, so we can put it in your signature?
Also, do you have a date yet for your knee replacement?

Since you had a hip replacement some time ago, I can't see why the machine would do any harm to it now.

Do you have a circulation problem? If not, I can't see why you would need this machine. You can get the same increase in circulation by walking and also by doing ankle pumps, which you will be expected to do after surgery:

1596133245725.png

There's one more thing: It is usually uncomfortable for several weeks to sit with your feet on the floor or in the position required for that machine.

OP
OP
JoanneC

JoanneC

It was 26 December 2007. Thank you for this no datw for my knee but I currently cant weight bear. I am listed for an urgent knee replacement but no sign yet.

OP
OP
JoanneC

JoanneC

I cant do walking and I am ultra unsteady on my feet. I get tingling and restless legs which I was hoping it would help. I do try and do Ankle pumps tho

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I cant do walking and I am ultra unsteady on my feet. I get tingling and restless legs which I was hoping it would help. I do try and do Ankle pumps tho
In that case, using the Revitive now is probably a good idea, as long as it doesn't make your knee hurt more.
I don't think it can do any harm otherwise.

OP
OP
JoanneC

JoanneC

Thank you - My knee cap is really unstable. I dont mind pain as long as it wont do any damage. My thigh muscle is really tight also.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Lisa’s Petals
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom