Lounge Doctor

Reverse Shoulder Replacement I have questions about 3/12/2020 Fall caused left shoulder (4) fractures and reverse shoulder surgery coming up 4/20/2021

gerroddances

Country
United States United States
Hello

Glad i found you! I have had several surgerys even both shoulders rotator cuffs fixed. No one I know has had reverse surgery.

Ive been saving leftovers for the 1st week food for my husband and I.

my big question is should I schedule PT for right after or a few weeks after? I did schedule chiroand massge each week starting 1 month from surgery.

Thank you

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello @gerroddances - and :welome: to BoneSmart.

If you can remember them, please will you tell us the full dates of your shoulder surgeries and which shoulder it is, so we can make a signature for you? Knowing the exact dates will help us to advise you appropriately.
Thank you.:flwrysmile:

After my reverse shoulder replacement, I was given a few gentle shoulder exercises while I was in hospital, but I was told not to schedule any physiotherapy (PT) until after my check up at 6 weeks post-op.

SaraK

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Best of luck in your upcoming surgery @gerroddances ! Like other surgeries, each surgeon probably has slightly different protocols. You could check in with your surgeon's office on their typical protocol. Each patient is also different, so your timing might be different from others with the same surgeon because of the prior damage.

Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing. It sounds like you're an experienced shoulder warrior and probably have a good handle on what the days immediately after surgery are going to be like, but ask away if you have questions!

New

Active Antibacterial
STEPS Challenge

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Jolaw
Recent bookmarks