Lounge Doctor

THR I Have a Winner.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Bless you, my friend, as I have been watching your weather on the news.:nah:
I can't even imagine walking in those conditions in my former pre-op state...it was certainly hard enough.
Hope you can stay home.

OP
OP
Mersada

Mersada

senior
Country
Yes @Mojo333, I told them because of my bad hip, I’m going to work from home. I’m afraid of walking in this weather. We are expecting more and i have my other procedure on Monday.

I’m going to call my os office tomorrow and see how if he’ll give me a reasonable accommodations letter. I am hoping to be able to work from home till my recovery. Normally it’s two weeks home and you one in the office since covid.

I haven’t even gone out to see if my car is buried. I parked opposite side of where the plows go so they plow opposite of where my car is. I should be not so bad. I will check tomorrow. I didn’t want to leave the house. Lol

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Oh good.
We don't see much of that white stuff, but if we get an inch down here....everyone stays home because noone can drive in it and we don't have the plows, etc.
We are WIMPS.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Just catching up here today. My goodness you got hammered with snow there! I saw many images on tv. Thankfully you made it to your colonoscopy and can check one more thing off the list. Glad to hear it went well.

With more snow in the forecast, I surely hope they don’t cancel your procedure on Monday, Mersada. Trudging through snow can be so tiring, I can relate as we’re in the stuff all Winter long and it’s currently falling from the sky as I type. It would be a relief if you could get that letter from your surgeon to work from home until you’re strong enough to return after your surgery and early recovery. I hope you’re able to. :fingersx:

You‘ll be in my thoughts on Monday and I’m wishing you comfort as you slog through the nexts couple months. My heart goes out to you in regard to the pain. I hope you find many moments of peaceful comfort as you wait. :friends:
@Mersada

OP
OP
Mersada

Mersada

senior
Country
@Mojo333 where are you located that you only get one inch of snow?? I wish that was our situation. I still haven’t gone out to see if my car is buried. If it is I’m just going to take an Uber to my covid test for my procedure on Monday.

@Layla. Thank you for your well wishes.
I still haven’t called my os office for the letter. I am procrastinating a bit because I haven’t told my job yet about my plans to ask for medical leave. I feel bad because I have had quite a few medical days off so far. I guess I should tell them before the month is over. I will see.

Anyway, medical appointments galore can’t wait till I am done with them.
Again thank you and have a great weekend. Hope you keep warm where you are.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I'm in South Georgia so we get a one inch snow as a fluke maybe every three years and it rarely sticks because of the temperature.
We Georgians, especially the children, consider it a real treat when it happens.
I do hope you can get this other appointment behind you and that the results are good.
Stay safe, friend.

OP
OP
Mersada

Mersada

senior
Country
Georgia sounds nice about now. It snowed all day today and I haven’t left home.
Just took my antibacterial shower to prep for surgery in the morning and have to do it again at 6am. Another early procedure. I am so not a morning person lol. They are making me go in at 745 am for surgery at 1030 Am. The radiologist has to put a guide in my chest first so she knows where to operate.

Hopefully all goes well and then I can focus on the hip situation. I just got a dressing stick in the mail with another gel pack. I don’t think I even know how to use a dress stick weird looking thing. I also got an outdoor lock box for my keys for the dog caregiver. By the time this is all over I will have so many items to donate and hope I will never need them again.
I just ordered some risers for my recliners because I fear it may be too low. It’s not two inches above my knee which is what one of the videos said it needs to be. I hope the risers work for my recliner.

Anyway. As you may guess I’m a little anxious tonight. But writing this helped make me a little sleepy which I was not. And I have to be up in about six hours.

Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday. Wish me luck.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:mcoffee: Good morning and I'm guessing it's a no coffee day for you?
I wish you all the best for getting this behind you. :friends:
I don’t think I even know how to use a dress stick weird looking thing.
Thank goodness there is surely a "Google" for that.:) :-) (:
I found some creative ways of getting dressed after the first week of needing someone to get my undies 'started'.:umm:
I actually used my sister's telescopic little hand back scratcher.:heehee: Will never look at those the same way again.

By the time this is all over I will have so many items to donate and hope I will never need them again.
The walker and other items for recovery were certainly nice to donate and I hope I never have to use them again either. I will be at 4 years post hip replacements in May, and do not regret it one iota.

Hope the risers do well for your recliner...my recliner was my nest and I was grateful for it.
Please let us know how you are, when you feel up to it.
Sunny days are ahead...:SUNsmile:

OP
OP
Mersada

Mersada

senior
Country
@Mojo333 your right. There should be a YouTube video on dressings sticks I’ll look for it.
Procedure went well. I’m home now. Funny thing is when I woke the only discomfort I had was my hip from lying on my back. Can’t wait to get rid of that soon.
Next stop is April 16th. Having this procedure is making me less anxious for the next. Bring it on. Lol

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Let's roll, you Rainbow...:loveshwr:

FCBayern

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Honduras Honduras
I hope the risers work for you @Mersada. Before my TKR I tried to get out of my recliner without using the bad leg at all and it was really difficult, so I built a platform to put it on and that extra 4 inches really helped.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I’m so happy you’re “ready” Mersada. Understandably, you’ll still have some jitters, but you will get through it, we all do. We’ll be here for support and encouragement whenever you reach out. You are going through a highly recommended surgery site and have a confidence in your surgeon that has to bring you a level of comfort. It seems he’s highly recommended. I looked him up and read a bit. It’s understandable you’re confident in his ability. Still excited for you each time I see your signature.
Wishing you lots of comfort as you wait out the weeks before your big day. :)
@Mersada

OP
OP
Mersada

Mersada

senior
Country
Thank you @Layla,
The OS office called today with someone to schedule my pre surgery appointments for bloodwork, xrays and another day for covid test. It's starting to come together.

He also wanted me to take a nicotine webinar and another for physical therapy...those are not scheduled, yet. I told the scheduler I quit smoking in October--which I did--hopefully, I can get out of the nicotine one. We will see. She is suppose to get back to me.

April seem too close now...lol. I am ready to get rid of the bum hip...but, deffinitely still anxious about it. Thanks to this forum, I get so much info and support here...where most don't really understand

FCBayern

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Honduras Honduras
You are at least going into this with "eyes wide open" @Mersada. Even though it's scary all you have to do on the back side is have patience (the hardest thing to do!), rest, ice and activities of daily life. No need for painful PT. The time between finally getting scheduled was both the longest and shortest wait in my life. Lots of hurry up and wait.

OP
OP
Mersada

Mersada

senior
Country
I have my pre-op appointments all set this week. X-ray and medical tests on March 29th along with some nicotine meeting or something. I quit smoking in October and quit vaping a couple of weeks ago, but they are still having me do this meeting. Then I have to rush home from their New Jersey facility to do a Total Hip Virtual webinar and a Physical Therapy webinar 2 hours later. Then on April 12th I have to go in for a covid test pre-surgery.

Now, to submit a request for medical leave with my job. I was debating on when to tell them. I guess the earlier the better.

Anyone else do these webinars? I was curious as to what to expect.

djklaugh

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@Mersada I did not have a webinar but I would guess it will be much like the pre-op hip class I had to attend. At my class nurse gave a talk about checking in to the hospital, what happens in pre-op, how your family will be notified after surgery, hospital amenities, and a bit about what to expect after surgery (you'll get more and better info about that aspect here IMO). Any way it's helpful and probably not very strenuous.

FCBayern

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Honduras Honduras
I went to that class too. It was helpful for my wife to get an idea of the surgery day, but I would have appreciated if they would have done more to address the post surgery recovery. Luckily @Mersada, like me you found BoneSmart before surgery, so you have a much better idea than most of what to expect!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi Mersada,
Congrats on giving up the nicotine! We’ve all heard how difficult that can be.

I think what some refer to as “joint camp” comes in a variety of forms. My informational session was a “one on one” with a nurse for about an hour at my surgery site. She showed me around a bit and had me meet with the PT to get some simple exercises to begin before surgery, which I didn’t do as it was only days before my surgery. The nurse explained how surgery day would progress and answered any questions I had.

I’m sure the webinar will be much the same, providing the standard info. I think your time here will prove beneficial as you’ve learned so much, established a comfort / trust level here and understand we’ll be available to support you every step of the way. You’re going to do great! I hope your week is a good one. :)
@Mersada

OP
OP
Mersada

Mersada

senior
Country
Thanks for your input @djklaugh , @FCBayern and @Layla, Hopefully, the webinars aren't too boring....since, I'm always here reading and learning what to expect already.

I just submitted my request for short term medical leave on the intranet for my job. It seems official now...no turning back. I requested the 12 weeks, as suggested here. I messaged my OS that I wanted to request 12 weeks, as well. Hopefully, everything gets approved, I can't see how it wouldn't be.

I am somewhat excited and somewhat nervous about it all. It's been such a long wait. First os I saw was about 5 years ago...and here I am now, ready to go. I have to admit, though because of the dysplasia I do worry in the back of my head that something could not turn out right....hope I'm wrong about it.

All of a sudden April seems so close. Now, if we could get rid of these snow storms.

Thanks again for you input....always appreciated. Have a great week.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kanee
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom