BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. Announcing BoneSmart's NEW Joint Surgeon Locator tool

We are pleased to now offer a tool to help you find just the right surgeon for your needs. If your surgeon is not listed, please let us know and we'll get them added.

Read more about this in this announcement:

Dismiss Notice

[TKR] I have a new knee!

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Recovery Area' started by regulus, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Lindylee

Lindylee graduate

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll be interested to see how you get on. I had my left TKR 3weeks ago and surgeon wants to do the right in 4 months, but I feel that might be too soon. I hope you get your pain under control and have a smoother recovery. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. regulus

regulus junior member

United States United States
    Thank you jockette!! You’re so right! It really doesn’t matter what she thinks. I’m just glad I found this place!!

And I will def give the other knee some TLC along with the nearly done one! Thank you for that advice!! ❤️

• Like Like x 1
  3. regulus

regulus junior member

United States United States
    How are you doing with your first TKR? Everything going smoothly so far?

Def keep in touch with me! Feel free to message me and I’ll be happy to talk with you about what I’m experiencing to maybe help you get an idea of how it could be for you. Though keep in mind we are all different.

I will say I worry about putting a lot of work on the first knee since it does get sore having to do a bit more work right now but aside from some slight soreness it seems to be great! I have excellent ROM with that knee now so I’m hoping this newest one will be the same. I had complications due to kneecap dislocation (they’re still dislocated) so yours may turn out even better than mine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lindylee

Lindylee graduate

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @regulus Thank you! It's going ok, overdid it a bit yesterday, so will have a restful day today and see how it goes. Since the left knee op, the right hasn't been a problem at all, so I'll see how it goes and what the surgeon advises when I see him in March. Personally, I fancy a summer holiday between the two!

Did you notice a difference in length between legs after your first op? I don't know if it's my imagination, but I wondered if the right is still bone on bone and the left now has a space again that would make sense. I feel as if I have to make more of an effort to stand really tall when moving my left leg in walking and I'm getting a lot of clicking and discomfort in my left hip, which has never been a problem - yet!

5. Sunnyo

Sunnyo junior member

Canada Canada
    I'm set for my second knee March 5 also right. Glad to hear your doing well