Bilateral TKR I had both knees tkr and am struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recovery Update !
Glory Hallelujah..... I have turned the corner :loll::loll::loll:
About 6 days ago the pains and stiffness started melting away. A string of 5 days ensued that were a wonderful
much anticipated rapid & steady decline of the weeks & weeks of pain and misery.
I am now ready to rejoin the human race and get on with my life.
I am off all meds, I can sleep without meds, stomach is happy and working correctly, and I am moderately able to
do everything (within moderation of course) that I want to do.
I really , really had doubts that I would see this time come.
Thank you to everybody on this site for your help and support !!!

I am thrilled and delighted to read your latest post. I am about 5 weeks behind you in my BTKR recovery and I have been following your recovery thread because your complaints sounded very much like my own experience to date. Aside from a stitch abscess at six weeks which set me back a bit and minus the horrendous accident you had, the pain and the sensations that you described were where I am. I look like I walk well but I take every step with some degree of tightness and stiffness. The stinging sensation is a real crazy maker as is the heat in the joint. I am hoping that perhaps one more month will allow me to turn the corner as well. I am frankly much more hopeful than I have been recently, thanks so much for sharing the good news and congratulations on rejoining the " normal" world.

Balleysmom@
Thanks for your comments. Yes there will come the day your pains and heat will melt away as
mine have, think positive and hang in there..
One of my issues was that I was using weight lifting machines in rehab and my legs would not stop hurting. So I stopped all the muscle building exercises and this helped tremendously to stop my muscle pains.
My Doctor prescribed a compound topical cream (Ketoprofen 10%/Lidocaine5%) to rub on my legs to stop the burning sensations from nerves regenerating, This works wonderful and I am now off this.
In addition , the last drug I used was Gabapentin which was also for nerve pain.
Each day I wake up to now is a "welcome wonderful new day" with little or "NO" pain.
So yes, I say this can and will happen for you.....this from a person who never thought it would happen and thought he had ruined the rest of his life with this surgery.
Please think positive --- it is coming.....and it's Wonderful - Wonderful

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member