THR I am the Storm

Whew....now you know why it hurts so much. It's a good thing you didn't stay home and try to tough this out. More damage would have been likely. Early diagnosis is almost always a critical factor. Good job getting yourself to the hospital so that surgeon of yours can get this taken care of. However, be prepared for limited weight bearing this time once it's fixed. If you can get a copy of the x-ray, that would be good to post.

Hang in there! If I didn't know better, I'd think you were going for a Guinness record of hitting all possible complications from a hip replacement in one hip.... :heehee:

@Jamie Thanks Jamie. Yeah, guess it's time to move the pile clothes that hanging on my wheelchair so I can use it.
They took more x-rays and I am so grateful they brought that portable machine.

You're one tough cookie, @danelady ! I've only had one fracture but I screamed the whole way to the ER. So glad you're finally diagnosed and can get help with the pain.

Really hope you and your surgeon can figure out what caused this latest catas:blackcloud::fingersx:trophic reversal!

20230207_140915.jpg 20230207_124858.jpg Ok, so it sucks being back in the ER bur it does have its perks. Like watchin' the hotties from Golden Ranch Fire Depart walk back and forth in front of my door. I called one over and asked where I could buy one of their calendars.
:yes:

oh my stars :) :-) (:
I do pray they can get you out of pain, and find some answers, you tenacious sweet lady.

@Merrimay Oh gal, when they rolled me down the ramp in a chair, then transferred me onto the stretcher In sure my whole street heard me screaming, lol.
Earlier, the x-ray tech reached across me and put weight on my hip. Boy howdy I screamed and pushed her off, I wasn't rough at, just wanted that little weight off my hip.
She screamed at me STOP, you can't grab me!! I said I wasn't grabbing her...I was pushing her away! She got nicer.

No excuse for the x-ray technician's behavior. You had every right to scream and push her away when she was causing you pain. I've had that happen before too and you just have to tune them up a bit. Don't feel guilty one little bit.

As for the hotties....that's a pretty nice perk! Were those the guys who brought you to the ER?

Get the name of the awful x-ray technician. I'll put out a hit on her. :wink:

About the x-ray tech, I find it surprising that she'd even risk leaning over a limb that is possibly fractured, causing excruciating pain for the patient to the point she has to be physically removed...by the patient.
Then, the tech yells out as though she's being attacked? :doh:
I'm guessing she didn't graduate top of her class.

@Jamie I WISH I got a ride from them, lol. I was thinking where I would need to be to have them rescue me. One of their stations is close to the Bashas shopping center where I go for groceries, so there is ALWAYS truck in the parking lot. I suppose I could walk by them one day and faint from heat stroke, lol
@Layla Yes, unbelievable that she didn't ask about touching or where the pain was. Everyone else has been super!

Ok, Dr said the fracture is near the top and looks to be the only one but to be sure he ordered a CT scan. If it's the only crack I won't need surgery. yay! But if there are more cracks down inside he's gotta go in again, this time with the cables.
Crossin' my fingers!
Thank you all, you guys always lift my spirits.:loveshwr:

@danelady I once went to a patients house and this sweet lady asked if I knew what the button she had that was hanging around her neck. I played along and said no what. She said if I push this button i get 5 cute young men in a hurry!!! i will never forget it. Maybe you should get one!!!

I just got back from my Rock group rehearsal and saw this. This is freaking unbelievable but thank goodness you got yourself in the right place. And oh yes- right o-a tech making a scene-goodness…

Someone from Internal Medicine stopped in and said I don't need surgery. They want me to do PT...I just stared at her. I said I can't move my leg without blinding. pain.

She left to check something.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom