THR I am the Storm

Grayhorse,
Ouch...that looks super painful, how the heck did that happen? Yikes. good wishes for you on Tuesday.
Danelady,
Normal to feel how you are feeling your body has been through soooo much trauma.
We are here, don't hesitate to look for some encouragement from us!

Grayhorse,
Ouch...that looks super painful, how the heck did that happen? Yikes. good wishes for you on Tuesday.
Just sitting in my car and twisting to get something off the passenger side @ nine months post surgery....that is what is called a failed surgery. Thanks for the good wishes, hoping to get my life back.

I dont know what to say but i do believe Layla said it beautifully! We are on this journey with you and just wish we could take your pain away. Hugs to you and your beautiful pink ensemble!

I agree with the comments about taking something when you're in pain. This is not the time to play Tough Gal. Even if it's just Tylenol, it's okay to use pain medications right now to keep things under control. Plus, they have the added benefit of allowing you to sneak in naps and get better rest at night. Allow yourself this help with your recovery and you'll feel sooooo much better....mentally and physically.

Howdy, @danelady! When I had pain but couldn't take nsaids and Tylenol wasn't cutting it, I ordered something called Curamin. It contains the element in turmeric that has pain-relieving properties. I started with 2 pills 3 x p.d. Did feel a difference and definitely made it possible for me to get through a painful period. It's expensive though, so check out generics of something called curcumin. Arnica gel also helped. :console2:

Thank you so much. I've been coming in to read the messages because they really do help bring my spirits up.

@Gray Horse YEOW! Thank you for sharing that but it looks like something's missing. Oh yeah, there's no vast array of screws emanating from it like the rays of light from the sun. Lol. It only took 10 screws to hold mine in place.

@Jamie @Merrimay Not to worry ladies, I am NOT a big fan of pain and I've been taking nsaids for years. But it wasn't till a couple of years ago I learned about inflammation and how I could bring it down by simply not eating those 3 banana nut muffins every day. When I came home from rehab January 3rd I noticed I felt incredible....lots of energy, no stiffness YAY!
But this last dislocation and subsequent surgery have left me in a lot of pain and it's not easing up. Not only that, after every surgery dr says if there's a problem we can go back in and try (enter procedure here). He hasn't mentioned anything else that can be done.

So I'm back where I started from....in a lot of pain but with a lot less money (those ambulance rides and ER tea parties sure add up). I guess technically the hip is fixed, now I just have to boot the infection out of my body.
Gray Horse, I guess an antidepressant ain't a bad idea, although that's what my retirement was supposed to be. :unsure:

Keep in perspective that your surgery was a whole lot less traumatic on your body than what you’ve just been through with a dislocation, wait time, and then more surgery that involved a lot of reconstruction. You are bound to feel less spiffy after all this. I mean, those TEN screws should tell you something. You can start worshiping your hip as Ra, the new Sun God! Ra was an ancient deity whose strength was creation. Think of that sunburst you have now as the creation of a better, stronger hip and eventually a whole new life for you. It all seems to fit, doesn’t it? (If you’re into sun god worship, that is.).

Seriously, cut yourself some slack. You need to rest, much as you did in the rehab center following your last surgery. That’s why you felt so good by the time you got back home. Time and naps are your friend. And, don’t be afraid to ask for something besides NSAIDs and Tylenol for pain if you need it. Pain will keep your joint inflamed and that is not a good thing.

Hi all. I still can't get around without a walker and bathroom trips leave me screaming and crying in pain, even though I take a 'real' pain pill left over from previous surgeries. I finally see my ortho on Thursday, hoping against hope he can figure out what went wrong and be able to fix it.
After all the hospital stays and surgeries, after all the ambulance rides to the emergency rooms and all the strangers poking and prodding me, I'm actually worse off than I was a year ago. I'm tired of being told I'm due for more tests and I don't care if you want me to take a colonoscopy. Get me walking again and I'll take all the tests you want, otherwise leave me be.

I kept a smile on my face most of the time because I believed one day I would be able to walk again. I kept my curtains open so I could look out on my desert, looking forward to sitting amid the saguaros and soon to appear wildflowers. Now I just keep everything closed up while waiting for Thursday's prognosis. I have that one shred of hope that it can be fixed and will be ok....

Reading your thoughts makes me wish I could hug you, @danelady . You've had to endure so much for so long. Just when things seem to be getting better, something awful comes along to slam the door on your optimism. After awhile, it just adds up to TOO much, doesn't it?
It may not feel like it during your darkest hours, but you are admired and cared for by so many of us at bonesmart. I bet if we took a poll, you'd win "Most Favorite Hippie" by a long shot. Keep reaching out, post as many times as you need to. We'll listen because we want to be here for you. We love you, @danelady. :console2:

Do you have access to streaming services, @danelady? Maybe we smarties can put our heads together to recommend some entertaining shows! I'm watching "Only Murders in the Building" on Hulu. 30-minute episodes. Steve Martin and Martin Short always make me laugh!! :rotfl:

@Merrimay
I do love the older comedians like Steve Martin and Martin Short is a hoot.

Wow, the series sounds interesting! I inhaled true crime podcasts while I was driving the truck. That's how I first heard of the Happy Face killer, an over the road truck driver who confessed to killing 8 women in the 90s.
I have a real addiction to true crime. I watched a Netflix docuseries last year called
'Don't **** with Cats...hunting an Internet killer'. I don't know if you've ever heard of Luka Magnotta but he is a real sicko who did real sick things. Thankfully he is now behind bars after a bunch of amateur sleuths put their heads together and were able to track him down by looking for hidden clues in the sick videos he put out. So this show is right up my alley, too!

@Merrimay
Thanks Merrimay, my baby is such a good girl but it hurts me to see the disappointment in her face when she goes outside and turns to see if I'm coming too.....and I just can't go.
***sigh***

I went through that with my Mary, feeling like I was failing her because I couldn't walk her. But dogs are so empathetic. She knows you love her and are doing the best you can right now.

Remind yourself that your pup is so much happier to have you home! Now it's just taking it gently and gradually. She just wants you home with her :dogsniff:

That cat documentary upset me so much I had to stop watching! I read about the case instead. Those intrepid online sleuths are heroic. Kinda like you, @danelady !

Life is amazing. And then it's awful. And then it's amazing again. And in between the amazing and the awful it's ordinary and mundane and routine. Breathe in the amazing, hold on through the awful, and relax and exhale during the ordinary. That's just living heartbreaking, soul-healing, amazing, awful, ordinary life. And it's breathtakingly beautiful. L.R. Knost

You are loved, danelady. I know you're feeling you're living the "awful" right now, but hold on, brighter days ahead! :SUNsmile:
@danelady

Best Wishes for some reassurance on Thursday. We'll be watching with interest for an update after you meet with your surgeon.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back