• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

I am not exactly a newbie but I am back!

bibi

Country
United States United States
Hello,
After three consultations it has been decided I will undergo the following surgeries the first one in March.
Tkr on left knee
Tkr (another one) on my right knee. The entire implant will be replaced.

rosieNZ

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Exciting times ahead for you then. After the challenging rehab everyone faces, you have the wonderful opportunity to live life to the best you can after a time pain and disability. Congratulations and very best wishes for the fastest most fab rehab and speedily moving on to new endeavours xx

Celle

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Welcome back @bibi .
I'm sorry you have to have a revision TKR on your right knee.

This probably isn't new to you, but here is a copy of the pre-op reading for you:

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

Regardless of where you are in the process, the website and app My Knee Guide can help you stay organized and informed. The free service keeps all the information pertaining to your surgery and recovery in one place on your smartphone. It is intended to be a personal support tool for the entire process.

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

Jaycey

SUPER MODERATOR
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@bibi Welcome back! So sorry there is more surgery in your future. Is the right implant painful for you? Hope not!

We are here for you again!

OP
OP
B

bibi

Country
Hello,
Yes very much so. The pain has never gone away. I can barely bend my knee and cannot straighten it at all. My first two consults more or less dismissed and said there was nothing that can be done. I would have to learn to deal with it. My last consult although he was frank he did not sugar coat the severity of both knees. He came up with a plan of action for both knees .

SusieShoes

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
It’s good to have a plan of action. Doing nothing at all and saying, “Just learn to deal with it” isn’t much of a plan! I’m glad you found a surgeon to deal with your painful TKR.

OP
OP
B

bibi

Country
Received a call from the hospital my surgery date for my ltkr is April 8th. Feeling confident for a great outcome!

Jaycey

SUPER MODERATOR
Country
@bibi Sorry you have a bit of a wait for your LTHR. But at least you now know the way forward. Keep that positive attitude - it does help!

OP
OP
B

bibi

Country
Hello,

The pain is intense and is making walking unbearable. Not on any meds except over the counter and it’s not doing much. Has anyone resorted to using a wheelchair? Because of situations at my child care center I have to be there everyday.

Jaycey

SUPER MODERATOR
Country
Wheelchair, crutches, cane - whatever works for you. So sorry you must wait so long!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
REDSING57
Recent bookmarks

Trending hash tags