Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

TKR Hyperextend a knee after tkr

gtm1954

Country
United States United States
Four years in to a TKR on my right knee I was riding a stationary bike and my foot slipped off the pedal and it felt like i hypered it a little. Now I every once in while a little pain on the inside of the lower part of the knee. It almost feels like the pain I had in my knee before the TKR. Is it possible to have done something to it with just pedaling and slipping off the pedal?

Tykey

big-cheese
I could have written that same thing a couple of weeks ago, when I did something (but I can't recall what it was).
The familiar pain on the inside of the knee started again, but went away again in a couple of days. I think the bursa was complaining a bit.
It's most unlikely you have done any permanent damage. Give it a bit of a rest and try again.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello @gtm1954 - and :welome:

Please will you tell us the full date of your knee replacement and which knee it is, so we can make a signature for you?
Thank you.:flwrysmile:

I agree with Tykey - try resting your knee for a while and see if it improves. If it doesn't, it could be a good idea to see your surgeon, just to get your knee checked.

OP
OP
G

gtm1954

Country
The pain I was having in my right knee has let up a lot, I had my right knee replaced in Dec. 2015 and my left done in Nov. 2016 after each knee I was back to riding my road bike in about 3 months time and I'm 65 now. Last year I did almost 2000 miles so I'm really happy I chose to have them done, the rehab was really tough on the first knee but the second one was a breeze. You know what to do and not to do the second time around. One of the best things about getting them done is I don't have to walk up and down stairs sideways. LOL

sistersinhim

Country
Thank you for those dates. I've added them to your signature for you.

Your outcome is the reason for having these surgeries. How wonderful to hear how well you are doing!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Cissa
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom