TKR Humidity

Ballina

Country
Canada Canada
It's been almost 3 years since my TKR. So far virtually issue free. Until these past few days. I realized upon standing from sitting, my knee was very stiff ( of course!), however this persisted & the 'bend' to walk was drastically effected. AS well, my knee was swollen. Has anyone experienced humidity or drastic temperature changes that result in swelling? feedback very welcome :).

@Ballina :welome: to BoneSmart.
Can we have the exact date and which knee was operated on so that we can create a signature for you.
I have asked one of the senior advisors to give you some advice and answers to your query.

Hello @Ballina I can't explain why your nee suddenly swelled. Has it improved again?

My 8-year-old knee suddenly swelled up and became very stiff about a month ago, after I had been sitting with it bent for too long. It would hardly bend at all at first.

I spent the following three days resting, while icing and elevating that knee and the swelling and stiffness gradually went away again.

I did go and see my surgeon, who could find nothing wrong with my knee and his possible explanation was that keeping my knee bent for too long had restricted its circulation and when I straightened it again the blood came rushing back fast, along with some additional fluid, so the knee swelled up.

It would probably reassure you if you saw your surgeon, just to check that your knee is all right.

However, it is summer and it may be that the heat and humidity are causing you to retain fluid. That's quite common, as many people suffer from swollen ankles in the hot weather.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom