THR How to stay positive?

QHElly I’m so sorry for your long wait. Having all that teeth work just adding to your problems. I do hope you get an operation soon.

Just wanted to post a more positive update. Yes, the pain has worsened and become far more persistent, but Wednesday I had my pre-assessment. After four long hours, although I came away feeling exhausted, I was far more positive. Everyone I saw was so kind and helpful, and put my mind at rest about so many things. Also another cancellation seems less likely, as the hospital are sending their trauma patients to another hospital from late November, so the elective surgery ward shouldn’t loose its beds. So..... all being well, the next time I post will be after December 10th, on the other side!! The start of reclaiming my life is finally in sight!

:hi: @Buttonbear
Just noticed you got your date..:yahoo:
I don't know what it's like to know you have to have hip replaced and for the date to be so far away...but I had a hard time getting my diagnosis so I suffered for well over a year with chronic pain...so much sympathy here.
PT was painful and unhelpful, didn't find a medication that was useful, and was severely sleep deprived.
Hopefully things aren't that horrid for you, but it is good to know that there Will be an end to it.
Keep the faith, friend.

@Buttonbear Just a suggestion, maybe try setting an alarm so you are not sitting more than an hour sewing, then try laying flat, maybe with some ice, for 15 minutes, and maybe the pain will not build up so fast?
I love sewing. When I was younger I could sew for hours. I am glad you have a date. Good luck.

Happy you have a date, it will get here before you know it! I know, easy for me to say. :snork: That last month really does speed up with all the pre-op appointments, getting the house ready and before you know it, it's time for surgery. :friends:

Hang in there! The last days before surgery seem to be harder, maybe it is the “horse to the barn”. Such good advice in this forum, there are tools to help you through. I wish you all the best.....

Hey @Buttonbear
Tomorrow is your big day. I'm excited for you to have surgery behind you and move forward without pain. The New Year holds great promise for you.
Wishing you all the best and hope to follow your healing journey on the Recovery side soon. :)

Thank you Layla. I still find it hard to believe that this pain will go and I can start the recovery to a normal live again, I’ve become so accustomed to it. Thank you for your good wishes and will post on the Recovery side soon :)

Good wishes for tomorrow and a pain controlled recovery. See you soon on the sunny side of the street (recovery).

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom