How to get myself ready for Op on Feb 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I use, Hills. And it's practically impossible to overdose with Vit C. But for it to work for a cold or other viral infection, I find I need to take 1,000mg every 2 hours for 48hrs. If you're lucky, it nips it in the bud. It works better when taken at first sign of symptoms. If the cold or whatever has got a good start, it's not so effective. I have recommended it to scores of people over the years and lots of them have got back to thank me as it worked brilliantly! Can't recall where I got it from originally, a friend I think.

Fiona's Mum,
Rest, rest, stay warm and get over this cold.:thumb:

I have always resorted to chicken soup, lots of fluids and rest to get over a cold quickly. I hope you can rid yourself of the cold as quickly as possible.

Thank you all lots for your helpful and kind replies, it makes a real difference and I'll take your advice. I am getting very anxious - feel like a kid telling myself there are 3 "sleeps" till when I go in - but kids are usually looking forward to something!. I can tell I'm anxious as am still sitting here watching rubbish tv, how can so many channels have nothing ok! Keep telling myself it'll soon be over and I'll be on the other side. To add to my worries it's now snowing I know for you bonesmarties in part of the US you must be so used to proper snow but here in the UK we aren't so it causes chaos, loads of flights already cancelled from Heathrow. I keep thinking the surgeon won't be able to get to the hospital - then realise that's rubbish cos I expect he's got a big 4 x 4 with winter tyres - then realise I don't have a 4 x 4 at all just an old saloon!!. I expect you can see by these ramblings that I'm starting to get to the irrational panic stage! So, just thanks again all of you out there XXX (TKR due 7th Feb 2012)

Hi Fiona's Mum. Do hope you are feeling better today, Sunday, and that the cold is starting to backtrack. Please try not to panic, just pretend its Christmas in 2 sleeps time, because believe me, even with all my kicking problems, my new knee is like a Christmas present, maybe I cant completely unwrap and play with it just yet, but when I am old enough to play with it, it will be great fun. Take care my friend and lots of luck for Tuesday and will wait with great anticipation for your first 'on the other side' thread. Lol Hillsxxx

Hi Fionas Mum, wishing you every good wish for Tuesday, it will be here before you know it and you will be on the other side then, and the big recovery starts. You will also get your life back, and believe me its soooo worth it!

Keep posting. :friends:

Hi Fionas Mum, I do feel for you as you sound so worried and I don't want you to be. The snow will be gone by Tuesday - don't worry. The day of the op will go so quick as they don't give you a minute to yourself - there will always be someone wanting to ask and do something to you before the surgery. Then as for the surgery you will not know a thing and will wake up with a nice new knee. Then the recovery starts. The waiting is far worse than any part of this whole business of a TKR and I think everyone will agree on that point.

I am in week 5 of my recovery and it has all gone just as I expected and read about. The pain is minimal, I am sleeping well, swelling going down nicely and moving around very well. If I can do this you can too!! Think positive thoughts for the next couple of days and we shall be here for you :thumb:

Hi Fiona's Mom - I remember that anxiety well, I'm sure most of us do. But keep remembering why you're doing this and how much better you'll feel once the surgery is over and your recovery begins. I'm now 7-ish weeks post surgery and just back from a wonderful walk -to my favourite cafe- which I haven't been able to do for 2 years at least. Best of luck - I'll be watching for you on the post-surgery forum !

Sounds like you're having normal pre-op jitters. Sending you good wishes for Tuesday!

Bless you all, can't tell you how much better i feel when I read your messages. Snow nearly gone, cough and cold much better so that's good. Please keep your good wishes and positive thought beamed in my direction on Tues a.m. Have to be at hosp at 7 a.m so early bed for me tomorrow night and so may not be able to send messages back. But just keep telling me it'll be ok. See you all on the other side (TKR Feb 7th) xxx

Hey there, I will be thinking of you on Tuesday, well actually tomorrow (Mon) will be worse than Tuesday. Surgery day will go by in a flash and you will get lots of good sleep. I was strangely calm on the day before and the day of surgery guess I had finally come to realize it was really going to happen. YOU will be fine just keep thinking good thoughts and before you know it you will be on the other side. Best wishes!

Hi Fiona's Mum. So pleased the cough/cold is backtracking, am thinking of you and sending lots of love for Tuesday, it will be fine and will miss out chats whilst you are away. Keep thinking how much better you will be afterwards and what you will eventually be able to do. Lots of love and hugs Hillsxx

Positive thoughts on the way; early start is good in my experience, so top stuff there too.

Not sure if you will have time to look at this today, but in case you do all my love is with you for tomorrow and I will be sitting here, minus blanket!! as I am not on the loo and it isn't the middle of the night, thinking about you and wishing yu well. Fiona's Mum it really will be ok and look forward to speaking to you when you have jined this side. Lots and lots of love Hillsxxxx

Lots of luck Fiona's Mum, being on the other side comes in a flash, and I am sure you will be lots calmer tomorrow knowing that in a few short hours it will be over and you can start living life again.

You said to keep telling you so......................... IT WILL BE OK, IT WILL BE OKAY, IT WILL BE OKAY.

Lots of love :friends:

Fionas Mum
wishing you all the luck in the world, i think as long as your cold dose not impede your breathing or goes to your chest then you will be ok, please let us know when you are on the other side, sending big hugs xx:console:

Hello Fiona's Mum

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow and sending you positive thoughts. Looking forward to seeing you on the other side. Take care xxx

Sending you best wishes for a great outcome to your surgery. Welcome to Bonesmart, you are in the right place to ask questions and get honest replies from people who have all been there.

Relax tomorrow, cause when you wake up you will have a new strong knee!:yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back