THR out of sync?

Hi @boots
Great to hear from you.

Oh my stars...do be careful with all that slippery stuff.
Wishing you a great week.:friends:

Very good update! Progress is being made.. the ice sounds intimidating, though. I'm sure you are being careful and doing a 4 hour milking shift sounds like huge progress.
Zaps and zingers are still common at 12 weeks, the best thing is to listen and step back when needed.
It's tempting to ignore them and push on but for the long range outlook, try to rest and not push yourself too hard.
It's a tough conversation to have with yourself.. believe me, I'm having it frequently, too!

So glad you're doing so well. :flwrysmile:

Sounds like you're recovering well. All of your described pains sound very familiar. I know dairy life is tough and it;s a 365 or 366 days a year job. The big no-no is falling down so be careful on the ice.

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you're still doing well and continue to enjoy progress.
Stop in when you're able and leave us an update. We'll enjoy hearing from you. All the best to you as you continue the journey. :)
@boots

I am doing well, not getting as much walking in as I normally would, as I am not back milking every day, only filling in when needed. so I have been walking in my house, boring, but necessary. Occasionally my hip feels out of place somewhat when I walk, like my leg is crooked?? no pain but weird. I will ask my dr when I go back next month. Other than that things are well. I do get achy when I don't walk consistently. so I elevate and take hot baths.
thanks, Layla, for asking how I was doing and I will try to check in more often.

Thanks for your response! I'm happy to hear things are going pretty well for you. I get achy, or stiff if I'm inactive for too long also. I think age comes into play....we're in the same age range. It's easy to blame a lot on our hip, but I definitely feel our aging body is sometimes responsible for our aches and pains at this point in our lives. But, hey...I'll take it. Normally with a little movement all feels well. There is truth in the saying, Motion Is Lotion.
Have a great rest of the week and please don't be a stranger here. :wave:
@boots

Glad to hear you are doing well!

Occasionally my hip feels out of place somewhat when I walk, like my leg is crooked?? no pain but weird.
I get a strange sensation once in a blue moon, in my hip, with a small move. Other than that I do not know I am partially bionic. I just figure the muscles need to tighten around it a bit more, with time.

Let us know what your OS thinks.

Spring in a month! Be well.

Hi Boots! I wonder, if you need some help with your gait? As in some muscles may need some strengthening?
It's good to ask your OS about this, for now can you concentrate on ensuring that you are walking with a good, steady heel-toe stride.
As you step forward, you land on your heal and then roll forward onto the ball of your foot then using your toes to press through and forward.

It's great to hear from you!!

Hey @boots
Happy Five Month Anniversary!
How are you doing? Hopefully well and with any luck some of the things you mentioned last time you posted are easing. Consider leaving us an update when you have time. We’d love to hear how you’re doing.
Stay safe and well!

Its been busy around here and I haven't checked in like I should. My 6 month check was rescheduled due to the drs offices here in Michigan being closed. It looks like I'm good to go next Wednesday the 27th. I still get the strange feeling sometimes that something is out of place, I have been having a lot of pain too, its strange it doesn't bother me when I am walking but when I try to get comfortable at night to sleep, rolling over hurts as does trying to lay on either side. Glad I have my appt next week. My husband does say when he watches me walk I am not walking right. Not much has changed for us with the stay home order, being farmers has some advantages. I will check back in next week after my appt.
thanks, for asking how things are going.
Boots

@boots good to hear from you and see that you're going to be able to do your follow up really soon. Definitely make sure you bring up these feelings with your OS. I'm thinking that you'll probably be getting an xray since you're at 7 months so that should show if anything is actually out of place. Fingers crossed its not :fingersx:

Have they ever checked to see that there isn't a leg length difference? Could that be what you're feeling or your husband is seeing when you walk? Normally by now length difference has worked it self out but just a thought.

You mention having pain when you pay on either side of fun to roll over. You could possibly have a bit of bursitis or the tendons and such are just still trying to settle down. This recovery can take a good year to a year and a half, sometimes longer depending on how bad you were going into it. And I'm thinking that working on the farm you may be overdoing it and walking on uneven terrain is causing you some of this pain.

Please let us know what you find out at the follow-up with your OS.

Thank you Elf1 for your input, I started a few weeks ago walking 3 mornings a week with a friend I am going to pay attention to how I am walking, heel-toe. And I definitely have uneven terrain to walk here at home. I had to fill in milking last week and had no problems after with pain, it just seems to be at night or when I sit and relax during the day.
I will check in Wednesday after my dr appt.
thanks again!!!

Thanks for updating...good to hear from you. Wishing you all the best and some reassurance from your surgeon at your appointment on Wednesday. We’re rooting for you and will look forward to your next update.
Have a great holiday weekend!
@boots

Sorry to read that you are having some symptoms and pains.. will be interested in hearing about your post op visit. What a shame you've had to wait this long!
Hopefully, it's as Elf suggested and it's irritated/inflamed tendons or bursa, and needs some help with recovering.
As a reminder, 5 months is still fairly early in the healing game, especially when you are occasionally outside on uneven ground and working with livestock, even if it's only a little bit.. I sure hope that is all it is and you will be feeling much improvement as the warmer weather arrives and stays for a while.

My appointment went well, I was scheduled to see the PA, but saw my surgeon instead. Hip looks great, pain is possibly from the sacral ileac joint? Gave me exercises to do and a prescription for meloxicam, I was taking a lot of ibuprofen, and of course ice, ice baby is good. I was happy with the appointment, now to get on to the exercises and see if I get relief, he did say I may have to seek a dr to give me an injection there. hoping I don't need that.
Thanks! for your concern.

I am glad that your hip is looking great and that your OS does not think your discomfort is from the hip. I hope the exercises help so that you do not need an injection.

:hi: boots!
Good to hear your appointment went well. I hope you find relief through the exercises without needing the injection. Stay in touch and let us know how you’re coming along.
Wishing you relief and all the best!
@boots

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back