THR out of sync?

My bp was high, the nurse retook it and it did go down some. Usually my bp is right on-I do take meds for it. I wonder if Celebrex can cause this?

:hi:
In a quick online search I read a less common side effect of Celebrex is high blood pressure. I'm assuming the ER doc advised you follow up with your surgeon or PCP. It was wise to check on your suspicion of a UTI so you can begin treating it early. Fingers crossed it clears up soon. :thumb:

Good luck with your class and test tomorrow for your license to work in your churches kitchen. Glad you're feeling stronger day by day. Thanks for the update and enjoy the week!

Today I sat most of the day in a class and then took a test for our food license we have at church. It was a long day! I did walk around during our breaks but by the end of the course I was ready to be done-aching butt mostly. I’m tired. Last night I only got up 2 times to go to the bathroom. I think along with the uti I’ve been drinking too much caffeine.
5 weeks tomorrow!!

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
Five flowers for you...

I'm a coffee junkie:mcoffee: but try to stick to cranberry juice and lots of water until this UTI is resolved.

I didn’t feel I was getting any better with the uti and before I called the urgent care they called me and changed my prescription. Trying to take it easy. Friday I see my OS for my 6 week check. Looking forward to what he has to say. I need to talk to him about how long I should stay out of the milking parlor as there are steps and lots of walking. I have been making trips out to my chicken coop. Yesterday I baked kolaches with my 2 oldest granddaughters, they did most of the work.
it has warmed up here in Michigan. Enjoying the sun!

Sorry to hear this. I do not know if is a normal routine to get a culture, I think that is the right term, to figure out what antibiotic might work best. Glad they wrote you a new Rx. I hope it resolves this time.
The kitchen must have smelled heavenly and what a great treat to help you heal.
Are you hens still laying this time of year? I know in deep winter they may stop for a while.
You sound good, and I hope your OS appointment goes well.

Happy to hear the Urgent Care seemed to be on top of things and wrote you a new script. Hoping this works and gets you cleared up quickly.

Good luck Friday with the OS and your 6 week check up, let us know how it goes.

Hello and Happy Monday! :wave:
Sorry you're struggling with that UTI. Hopefully the switch in meds is resolving the issue. I hope you have a peaceful week and a good appt with your OS on Friday. Let us know how it goes if you care or share.
Until then....all the best!
@boots

Looking for insight, as my husband is thinking when I visit my OS on Friday I will be good to go, back to sorting cows, wrangling calves etc. I tried to explain that I really don't think I need to be jumping right back in to what I was doing pre surgery (I'll be 6 weeks 11/28) I'm hoping my OS has the same thoughts.
So, how long before you went back at it as you did before your hip replacement??
Is there any info on here about that??

There is a phased return to work article in the library under hips post surgery, I think, regarding concerns.

Hi @boots. While we do have a phased return to work guideline I think your situation is a bit more physical than our guidelines project. I have the same issue in my occupation.
I'm sorry but I think 6 weeks just isn't long enough for your recovery.. I know what you mean when you say wrangling calves. Even sorting cows takes quick movements and turns.
I hope your OS takes all of that into consideration, and I will tell you what my surgeon told me in relationship of my work. I was told to try one session on Monday, wait one full day then try another one session on Wednesday, repeat and another session on Friday.
I was to do that until I felt it was easy enough to do and then it was either repeat that every other day and do 2 sessions or do one session daily (in the work week)
I don't have a requirement to wrangle a client, but I do need to be able to assist them on and off of the table and some of them are seriously over weight. So what you are going to attempt to do is much more precarious, if you know what Im trying to say.
Bottom line I agree with Celle and think you shouldn't even think about the heavier work load until you reach 12 weeks. Even then you will be looking at a couple bales of hay and wanting to lie down and sleep for a few minutes!

Will your husband be in the room with you with OS? if so, I think I would call ahead and tell them your worries so the OS knows to stress that 6 weeks is still very early in the healing game.

Good luck, and I am now missing the sounds and smells of a barnfull of cattle.. sigh. Except I'd rather it be horses.. :fasthorse:

I am editing my post to add the phased return to work link, it will show you an example of how careful we are in resuming work activities. :SUNsmile:

Remember, most employees don';t have to return to wrangling cattle!!

Phased Return to work

Last edited:
Thanks. I read the info about working, I now can have an intelligent conversation with hubby.
Today I went out to see my new chickens. We bought some almost ready to lay a few weeks ago. Took them water And some squash seeds and peels and fed them, it’s warm here in Michigan again but it’s supposed to cool off again. We got a bunch of rain :( last night. It’s the harvest that never ends, kind of like last spring when we never got everything planted. Thank God we had crop insurance!
Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you! @boots
I hope you enjoy the holiday. :SUNsmile:

6 weeks yesterday, saw my OS today. He said I can do what I feel like doing, as long as I am careful not to trip and fall. watch the uneven ground. And don't do anything out in the barns where I feel unsafe with my footing. I am not going back to milking every day for the time being we hired a full time person just before my surgery and she is going to keep milking my shift, I will start back in feeding calves in the mornings. Fortunately we don't have a lot of calves through the cold months. I plan on taking it slow and easy. I will probably milk Christmas day so one of the regular employees can have the day to go to her girl friends a few hours away. we are celebrating with our family the weekend before due to everyone's work schedule. So for the first time in years I won't have to worry about doing something Christmas eve or day, which is a great relief for me!!
my dr did give me another exercise to do for 4 weeks. and I don't need to take the aspirin every day. I go back in I go back in 5 months. I'll let you know how I'm doing as I get back in the swing of things.

Wonderful 6 week check up! So glad you can ease Into things slowly and safely. It sounds like you have really planned this out well. :egypdance:

Well Happy Six Week Anniversary and what a great update with the OS! Sounds like you were given some good advice and you're ready to start getting back to a somewhat normal schedule. Just remember to keep taking it slow and easy, you still have a way to go.

:ok: Great to hear you sounding well.
Do be careful as you get back to your chores.
No falling:no-fin: Totally against the rules!

Hope you have a good weekend.

Happy Six Week Anniversary!
Thanks for the positive update. Things are looking up!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend. :)
@boots

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker