Lounge Doctor

How do I change thread title?

Birdwatcher

Country
Denmark Denmark
I would like to occasionally change the title of my recovery thread, but how do I do it? I have read in the Help/info, that there should be some dots in the right corner, and then an option should appear to edit thread, but I do not have those dots...
What can I do?

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
@Birdwatcher ...... you'll notice I've moved your question to our "Bugs and Techy Questions" forum as this is not a recovery issue.

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
As of last Fall, members were supposed to have the permission to changed their own thread titles whenever they wanted to. But when I checked your account, I can see that capability does not show on your regular thread. It is on this thread that you just started. I've sent a request to our systems support representative to see what's going on. In the meantime, just post what you'd like your new thread title to be and someone on the staff will get it changed for you.

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
@Birdwatcher.....I just heard back from our systems support and I'm sorry to say I was wrong about members having the ability to change their thread titles at any time. Members can edit their thread titles for 72 hours after posting the thread initially. This allows for any typos to be fixed or some second thoughts on the title. But after 72 hours, only a member of staff can make the change.

We certainly don't mind doing that, so when you want to change the title on a thread of yours, just post what you want it to be in the thread itself and a staff member will do that for you as quickly as possible. Sorry for any confusion. I'm glad you brought this up because I had misunderstood how this was going to work when we transitioned to Xenforo2 (our new software) last September.

Here is a tutorial in our HOW TO USE THIS FORUM area under the HELP/INFO tab at the top of the page:

Changing your thread title

OP
OP
Birdwatcher

Birdwatcher

Country
Denmark Denmark
@Birdwatcher.....I just heard back from our systems support and I'm sorry to say I was wrong about members having the ability to change their thread titles at any time. Members can edit their thread titles for 72 hours after posting the thread initially. This allows for any typos to be fixed or some second thoughts on the title. But after 72 hours, only a member of staff can make the change.

We certainly don't mind doing that, so when you want to change the title on a thread of yours, just post what you want it to be in the thread itself and a staff member will do that for you as quickly as possible. Sorry for any confusion. I'm glad you brought this up because I had misunderstood how this was going to work when we transitioned to Xenforo2 (our new software) last September.

Here is a tutorial in our HOW TO USE THIS FORUM area under the HELP/INFO tab at the top of the page:

Changing your thread title
Thank you for clearing that up :)

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Birdwatcher If you would like your thread title changed just let us know. We can do this for you anytime.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Onejointatatime
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom