How am I doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfer

What a wonderful site.

Had my thr on 12/3. Am 62. Came home on 12/6. Walker to cane on 12/15. Had home pt for two weeks. Have had no pain.

But have had soreness. Especially in the butt at night.
Exercises seem to be easier each time. Begin outpatient pt tomorrow. Am feeling really good and lucky.

Today I feel like I could walk w/o cane ... but won't. Doc says driving OK for next week.

I would say at 3 weeks...you are doing a lot...but following the same progression. I think I went to crutches in there too. Looking back at three weeks of healing (after 10 months)...in hindsight I say do what you can and enjoy the moment(s)...there should be plenty, don't get frustrated if the progress stops...and (what I did not do) let the healing takes its natural course...It only gets better from here.

Golfer
Welcome to bonesmart. It is a wonderful site. I had a right hip replacement on June 6th.
At about the point you are now, I overdid it and experiened some pain which was pretty bad. Glad you seem to be taking it slowly.
I used a walker in the hosital the first day they got me up, then went to my crutches.
At about 3-4 weeks I started using a cane, but still used my crutches when out in public.
Continue to rest and heal. It is a great surgery. I am 51 and have done a lot of hiking and whatever else I want to do since the surgery.

Again Welcome and keep letting us know how you are doing
Judy

You seem to be doing extremely well except, as Judy says, mind you don't overdo it! And keep taking the pain pills for that sore butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom