THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

@SurreyGirl thanks for checking in! I was thinking about you and wondered if you were able to work from home.

Crazy times - head down and stay safe!

Hello and Happy Saturday, SurreyGirl :wave:
With any luck you don’t lose your job. Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen :fingersx:
Hopefully you find something enjoyable to do this weekend.
Stay safe!
@SurreyGirl

Hi! Fun catching up with you and praying for your family on the front lines as I have lived that life for the past 40 years. I am also looking for cardio alternatives for my swimming as my gym is understandably closed as well. Hopefully some things will eventually become doable again so we can do the things we had planned on doing since we couldn’t do them before because of our hips. Lol. Thank goodness the weather is getting warmer so we all don’t go crazy with cabin fever. Take care and be safe. ❤️Pat.

Thank everyone and Pat, I am sure we will get there! Making French Onion soup with oxtail stocks and having a bbq this afternoon. My exercise was cleaning a bathroom for almost two hours, skirting, everything!

The French onion soup worked really well. Very nutritious!

:wave: So nice to hear you are doing well.
Haven't been about much as there has been a great demand for emergency resources in my area for our food bank...I'm beginning to get a bit weary and keeping my better half on " house arrest" has also been challenging.
Prayers for your PM are swelling up around our country to yours...

Stay safe, my hippy pal.

Yes, good recovery for Boris Johnson!

Your achievements sound good @SurreyGirl . Keep up the good work and stay safe.

Best from Constanze

Making Easter presents for the neighbours!

Attachments

• 9CBAEEA3-F485-4D08-8831-CD43C8DFE40E.jpeg
    9CBAEEA3-F485-4D08-8831-CD43C8DFE40E.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 347
Hi @SurreyGirl
Your right I did tiptoe in awhile ago...
Have been experiencing pain in my unoperated hip and wanted to look up what I could to preserve it as no chance of getting a new hip just now! @Layla ?? Also been having some pain in new hip Never really managed to get myself properly balanced after 1.5cm leg length discrepancy so ongoing buttock pain and back. Then strained hamstring last october ! Main way I cope with now is walking and having gained weight think I might be overdoing that and wonder if I should do less ??
Anyway that is why I crept in...
Still working from home and body not liking that much but UK weather amazing
Hope your doing ok xxcc

Hi @Cathippy :wave: I certainly don’t mind responding here, but you may get more feedback if you care to repost something similar on your thread. Here is your thread in case you were unable to locate it -

It’s nice to hear from you, it’s been awhile. I’m sorry you’re dealing with pain in your non op hip. Wondering if you had a THR scheduled for your left hip? My only advice would be OTC pain relievers until you’re able to schedule, or reschedule surgery. I’d avoid any activity that aggravates your hip, try ice and use an assistive device to keep weight off if you find it helps. Something that helped me, Mojo and leejaa, to name a few, was heat. I don’t know that it took the pain away, but it was comforting. You may want to try a heating pad.

if you haven’t discussed the LLD with your surgeon, I’d suggest you look into it soon. Not sure how they’re handling patient concerns during COVID in the UK, but it seems the LLD is affecting / aggravating your lower back which only adds to the misery of any other physical symptoms you’re suffering. I’d begin with a phone call to see what you may be able to accomplish while we’re navigating this pandemic. Keep in touch and let us know how you’re doing. Stay safe and well!

Happy Saturday, SurreyGirl!
Sorry for the de-rail with our friend, Cathippy. The more the merrier, right?! :wink:
I hope your weekend has been good so far.
Stay safe and enjoy!

No chance here @Layla as our health service and our country in lockdown. No appts ònly care for covid patients. Reduced walking as need to be able to get round till we are out of this. Hope your faring better where you are x

Don’t worry about the derailing, it made interesting reading. I have just ordered myself some exercise bands with a puck that fits over a door frame. What could possibly go wrong?!!

I’m trying to envision that one :shrug: a puck, a doorway and bands. It sounds dangerous.
We need to get you back into the pool....soon!:swim:
Have a great rest of the week!
@SurreyGirl

I miss the pool! The exercise bands have not yet arrived and I am wondering if they are a scam. We will see! I am keeping an eye on my credit card account.

it is raining today for the first time in ages.

My op hip is very stiff first thing in the mornings and painful after 6 months of no issues. I resist the painkillers and it eases off after walking about a bit and a hot bath. I put it down to lack of exercise .

Would be interested to know what other hippies are doing about exercise during the lockdown. Especially in a limited space. Might have to try Zumba!

Hi @SurreyGirl ~ You had asked about exercises that others are doing during lockdown so I thought I'd share. I've found lifting weights to be very doable and helpful as well as walking either on the street in the morning or evening, or hiking on the weekends. For weight lifting I've started with low amounts and am gradually increasing them. The exercises I use are from my home physical therapist who visited me after I first recovered.

Hi, @SurreyGirl I’m basically walking and cycling as most know. However, there are some great videos on YouTube of Zumba, etc. that I do somewhat hilariously but they make me clap and laugh out loud as they are just so much fun! Oh, and they are great work outs as well! I am on a mission to conquer the “thug dance” by Dancefit to Camila Cabello’s “Havana.” I might even post it, in the rare chance that I do succeed! :loll:

I‘ll bet hubby would like to watch you do the Thug Dance to Havana...at least the chorus part. Go practice and report back, lol. :wink:
A great rest of the week to you!
@SurreyGirl

About to be furloughed for three weeks so no excuses for not trying new stuff!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back