THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Thanks for continuing to post @SurreyGirl! It's nice to have some 'extended' reports for reference. (@Debru4 also chimes in with her wisdom frequently). I just hit 7 months in 23rd and was doing fine, but over the past week of lots of intense activities, my hip has gently reminded me in no uncertain terms that there's more healing to come and I can't get complacent and just go barreling out there! :groan:. Luckily a couple of paracetamol lifted me out of the ODIC but it was still a bit demoralising. Sigh. THR is truly a long haul.

Congratulations on your "virtuous" start to the new year, @SurreyGirl! I'm betting this will be a good year for you, hip nonsense forgotten and the good life awaits! Cheers, my friend, and the happiest of new years to you.

Oh that's cheered me up @SurreyGirl although I'm sorry you were ' punished for having a good time! Got my 12 month appointment for the consultant next month and thinking he'll expect me to waltz in telling him what a great job he's done and how great I feel! Well I do. Sometimes. But often not... :gaah:

Hi. A very positive update. 1.5 years post op and went scuba diving for the first time in five years. The skills all cane back and I was down at 75 feet before I knew it. 45 mins underwater and came up with 1000 psi. Very proud of myself. The swimming over the last six months plus climbing up and down pool ladders numerous times all helped.

The only modification was to put the kit on and off in the water. It took a leap of faith, literally, to jump off the boat but so glad I did. Water was crystal clear and it was beautiful down there.

Hobie cat sailing and yacht sailing all fine too.

I feel fitter than I have for years and my friends here are so so pleased for me. My special birthday celebrations have lasted over two weeks and I have had to beg people not to give me cake!

So 60 now and feeling 40. I never thought I would say that! 000D7681-1FE5-48F3-8D21-C5E029203170.jpeg

:happydance:So happy for you...you make 60 look good!!!!!
THR is an amazing surgery.

Great post @SurreyGirl I too am wondering where you dove. I'm looking forward to doing so again as well, hopefully this summer. I was telling my wife I may need to adjust my weights to my non-operated side to compensate for all the metal on my right side. :heehee:

Oooh! @SurreyGirl You were able to go diving! Sounds like a great day, and you executed the dive just how I plan to, hopefully later in the year.
So happy for you. :loveshwr:

Hi everyone.
I dove a site called “The Pinnacles” near Soufriere in St Lucia. A beautiful coral formation swim- through site. And not for beginners. The dive refresher, after 5 years of non diving, involved jumping off a boat, putting in the gear, showing I could clear my mask and regulator retrieval. That was it and I was off with the team straight down to 75 feet! I was an Advanced diver and it all came back very quickly. I am returning before the end of the year and will be getting more dives in. I still love it.

So grateful for a second chance and determined to lose some more weight and to keep the fitness levels up.

Not looking forward to retiring to cold miserable uk with the imminent Brexit. Time for a major Change ?!

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there :wave: How are ya in these days of toilet paper hoarding?
I hope you’re doing well and holding up through all of this. I noticed you tip-toed onto the forum today so I thought I’d say HI!
Take care, be safe, stay well! :friends:
@SurreyGirl

Hi Layla and thanks for getting in touch. Well things are rather different from January! Mainly stuck at home, really missing my swimming as club is shut, doing shopping carefully once a week and loo paper forecast is “fair to middling”

Extraordinary times and may lose my job after nearly 25 years but it is as it is.

Most important thing for all of us is to stay healthy and as fit as possible and get through this. Younger members of family are doctors, carers and in police so I am worried about them all. All under 30.

Thank goodness for social media and being able to have face to face conversations with friends around the world over the Internet. Also Radio is a godsend as it keeps me calm listening to plays etc.

Stay safe everyone and @CricketHip I will be cheering you on when you finally manage to get back to diving!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom