THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Thanks! No it wasn’t a promo. Just taken by a friend across the table. The lighting at Pizza Express is very flattering! Swimming last night and seem ok this morning so hopefully a week off helped. Am being a bit more careful now.
News re the scar. After over a year of daily massaging it is now a faded purple line. Still noticeable but greatly improved . I used the Aveeno almond moisturiser as recommended by someone on here. Cheaper than bio oil!

I agree, @SurreyGirl After a certain age, lighting is EVERTHING! But it was a very flattering picture and you do look so cheerful and pretty. I used to take getting a photo for granted, one usually looks good when you're younger, but now when I have a good photo taken in good lighting and from the right angle, I am thrilled!

Glad you took it easy last night and swimming resumed without incident. My first scar is still a lovely deep purple line--but aren't they supposed to fade to white at some point? When is that gonna happen? At least I have two matching scars now...I guess that at least makes them even!

After over a year of daily massaging it is now a faded purple line. Still noticeable but greatly improved

It will gradually get paler and flatter. I've read it can take up to two years.
I know long before two years mine faded to a fine white line.

Good to hear the swimming went well after a week off. I know you'd miss opportunities to run into fit bloke without your pool time. :wink:
Hope you're having a great Tuesday!
@SurreyGirl

It may have been me who recommended the Aveeno
@SurreyGirl as I used to recommend it to all and everyone, including the nurse who admitted me last time! He was complaining of sore irritated hands. The kids used to mock me for my obsession. But sod's law being what it is I seem to have become allergic to it! Either that or they've sneakily changed the formula.. I am bereft as I used it for everything. I even lubricated a stiff lock on the bathroom door once (One for @Layla there :heehee: ) But so pleased it worked for you.

Last edited:
@bickypeg that made me laugh. 101 uses for......?
Fit Bloke still very much in evidence. Sometimes it is just the two of us swimming in late evening but I have avoided sharing the Steam Room with him just in case we strike up a conversation and he turns out to have a disappointingly squeaky voice! Of course if he sounds like Pierce Brosnan or Sean Connery I will vapourise!!

That was a funny one, SurreyGirl! :heehee: Wouldn't that be hilarious and ruin Fit Bloke's image?:yes:

Hope the swimming feels good on the hip and helps with the weight loss.
You're doing great, keep it up and have a nice afternoon and evening!
@SurreyGirl

Thanks! Horrible cold and return of nosebleeds this week. Must be something to do with a dry atmosphere due to central heating going on. Dreading a repeat of last year’s hospitalisation so no swimming since last Monday. Hope “Fit Bloke” got over his disappointment of not seeing me. Aiming to go back this week. Scar stinging too which is annoying. Oh well, that Recovery Squiggle is very accurate!

Hello on this soggy Monday morning....well here anyway.
So sorry to read you're feeling under the weather. Not the first time I've read this today. It's too early to be getting sick....doesn't it feel that way?
Take care, don't want to see a repeat of what you had to deal with last year either. Feel better soon! You don't want to discourage Fit Bloke into not renewing his membership.
@SurreyGirl

Last edited:
Oh, ugh, @SurreyGirl! Cold and nosebleeds--does NOT sound like much fun. I hope you're babying yourself and taking it easy. Do you think the scar stinging is due to perhaps chlorine in the pool water or something else? I do hope you feel better, being able to rest up this weekend, as I assume it's back to work on Monday. Two steps forward, one step back--argh! Hang in there!

Maybe avoid the steam room or sauna for a while. I remember cautions given about hot food and hot drinks. Also there's a magic nose blowing technique which I have forgotten to avoid stress inside the nose. Dry inside Sterimar sea water to irrigate nose. Hope it all settles soon.

Thanks everyone. The icepack formally used on my hip was applied to my nose and face and helped stopped the bleeding. I certainly don’t want a repeat of last year. Ugh!

Glad the bleeding stopped with the ice pack, @SurreyGirl and swimming can wait for awhile. You will be getting back to it when you're able but no use pushing it before you're ready. Hang in there!

It's good the nosebleed stopped. Hopefully it's from the dry heat and there's no repeat performance. With any luck your cold is easing, head clearing and you're able to rest comfortably. Have you ever considered a small cool mist vaporizer at night while sleeping? I use one bedside when I have a cold, it seems to help. Feel better soon! :mcoffee:
@SurreyGirl

Thanks Layla, an idea to consider! Fingers crossed no repeat of last year. That was scary!

swam yesterday - no frog kick so let’s see how the hip reacts. Also put some cream on the scar beforehand and less itching. Good!
No Fit Bloke last night :-( but hot pool to myself between 8-15 and 9pm and home to homemade pizza made by hubby and I ate the lot!

Hi there, @SurreyGirl Glad the return to swimming--knock on wood--is going so well. Sorry no Fit Bloke, but returning to homemade pizza afterwards sounds pretty sweet to me. It's before noon here in the PNW and reading your post made me HUNGRY!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom