Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

This was great F4F!
Lots of great news amongst the bad....
Let's all keep up the good mojo!

What amazing news Sarah @Fit4Family
Your revision story is so inspirational to us all...Never Give Up must be your motto!!!

Yard Work... did you believe that you’d be doing that just 3 months ago...:wowspring:

Couldn’t be more pleased.... now don’t go running that marathon just yet my dear hipster sis!!! I’m not doing mine until next year!

3 weeks into self isolation here... I’m not complaining.. if that’s all it needs for me to do... I will do it happily... our front line staff are heroes... wish I could put a safe ring around them all...

Keep well... stay safe everyone!!

Much love darling Sarah.

Chrissie cxx

Yes, Sarah, I so appreciate you sharing good news: both the video and your amazing recovery story. John Kaminski is one of our favorites here at home. With my husband’s loving encouragement, I’ve decided to more or less retire from respiratory therapy by going to an “as needed” basis (I choose when and if I work) and take early retirement starting June 25. After everything we’ve dealt with the past year and the stressors old and new in my job after 40 years, it’s just time. It was a beautiful expression of my hubby’s continued love and support as the financial/health insurance falls on his shoulders now. Now I can really look forward to all those Spring chores and joys that I’ve been missing for so long. Stay safe and healthy. Blessings. ❤Pat.

Good Morning Hipster Friends.

Hoping everyone found something to smile about this weekend. I continue to celebrate the strength of our health care workers and pray that they are spared from the virus.

Always get a big smile when I see your messages Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny No running here. Just happily walking in our yard for now. Restrictions have been tightened. Hope you can still get out and enjoy your Hostas. Sending love and hugs. ❤️

Wonderful news Pat! @Hip4life What a sweet, supportive hubby to encourage early retirement. I hope you can relax and putter in your yard now with a fully functioning hip! xxxxxx

Our eastern redbud is in full bloom today, Stunning show of color. It’s so pink, that it makes our windows glow pink. Spring’s rebirth lifts my spirits.
EB2E0CD1-D030-49B8-9B70-17B004A3EFD6.jpeg

What a beautiful photo! The pink against the blue sky. Thanks for sharing, Sarah.
Now is the time to count our blessings often as it’s easy to feel down as we move through this pandemic. With each new dawn, we’re one day closer to putting this all behind us.
I choose to remind myself of that daily.
Wishing you a peaceful week. Take care and stay well! :SUNsmile:
@Fit4Family

Happy Thursday All,

Love your messages! Had some new pains mid thigh this week, but thankfully seem to have settled a bit. I was so worried, as it was where it hurt last time. Might have just walked outside too much. Normal recovery stuff I suspect.

Now is the time to count our blessings often as it’s easy to feel down as we move through this pandemic. With each new dawn, we’re one day closer to putting this all behind us.
I choose to remind myself of that daily.
Wishing you a peaceful week. Take care and stay well! :SUNsmile:
@Fit4Family

What a beautiful sentiment @Layla We are one day closer. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Hi, Sarah. All those aches and pains that can get us to that crazy thinking place in a flash. Glad your thigh pain has eased up. Continued healing blessings coming your way. Just wanted to wish you and your family a Happy and blessed Easter. ❤️ Pat.

Hello All,

Hope everyone is staying safe and trying their best to remain hopeful during this difficult time. So many hospitals around us are empty. Hoping that elective surgery will be back soon for all the BoneSmarties in waiting.

I have been busy trying to keep kids online homework and course work straightened out and keeping spirits up. My leg and knee still complain some days. Mostly feeling pretty good. My 3 month follow up has been moved out again. I don’t think anything is wrong, just will be nice to see that all is secure and get my long term marching orders. Things to avoid etc.,

Sending wishes for peace and comfort to all. Sarah

Lovely update, Sarah. It’s always nice to hear from you. I’m happy you’re doing well and while it would be nice to gain that reassurance from your surgeon, you’ll most likely be even better off than you are now by the time you meet with him.

The hospital in my area is empty also. Of COVID patients that is.
Only one case, twenty five days ago. I pray it stays that way :praying:
Be safe and stay healthy.
Hugs :loveshwr:
@Fit4Family

Thank you @Layla

So glad you are safe and your hospitals aren’t full of COVID cases. Praying this begins to resolve everywhere.

Hope you have a good week. Spring weather seems like it’s finally coming in your area next week. Fingers crossed.

:flwrysmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:

:hi: F4F....I would think I would like that reassuring follow-up appointment too. Can't having you get the 'rona right now so I guess we'll all be patient along with you.

I'm loving the weather right now...much as I haven't been able to get out and enjoy much of it.
So many people in need right now...
Ready for everything to get back to some semblance of normal, as is everyone I'm sure.

Big hugs and :fingersx: the weekend will be sunny and bright.:SUNsmile::flwrysmile::SUNsmile:

Last edited:
Good morning @Mojo333

Have been thinking of you and your work at the food bank. Hope you have enough donations to cover the need there. Such a rough time for those who depend on food banks and meal programs for food. Heart breaking.

Hope your legs have healed up from your motorcycle ride. You be careful out there!! Hope you have a lovely weekend. :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:

Dropping by.jpeg Dropping by to see how you are doing, Sweet Sarah.

Sorry your knee and leg are misbehaving and that your appointment has been pushed out. My knee still gives me grief but I just grin and bare it knowing it will ease one day. It is better than it was and I have been wearing a knee support ... the one I made from my sexy hospital stockings. :heehee:

Take care of yourself in these difficult times ... we will get through it!

Have a peaceful weekend.

Hugs Sweet Friend.jpeg Izzy xx

:hi: and Happy Beautiful Saturday.

Foot coming along a bit slowly, hard to stay off of it and though all the abrasions are fairly healed up, suspect i have a deep bone bruise that has it aching quite a bit by day's end.

So many in my community have stepped up with money donations which allows us to get government food from Feeding America.
Taking care of about 100 families weekly and lots of deliveries to quarantined individuals...elderly and those with underlying medical conditions.
Folks are truly grateful.

The Georgia growers association gave us a huge donation of fresh produce we shared with many.
rps20200418_103200.jpg
rps20200418_103256.jpg

So many good folks doing good things.
Today I will rejuvenate and see if I can land a fish..:realing:.Im afraid the motorcycle lessons are on hold until I can get my poor foot into a shoe. :sigh:

Last edited:
Happy Sunday @Mojo333 and @Izabel

Love the bounty of your community Mojo. So many positive stories to focus our attention on these days. Hope your leg is improving and that you got out to do some fishing. We’ve had some cool weather up here and lots of rain. Planning my escape tomorrow for a long hike when :SUNsmile: returns.

Hi Izzy! I am good. Sweet of you to check in on me. Today is 4 months from my revision. Remarkable how much I have improved with proper hardware. I have been waking daily, but keeping my trek shorter. So far it is working. Slow and steady friend. Hope you are keeping safe. My crew is growing weary. Especially our youngest. Hoping things open up soon. When is your birthday? Need to go see if you have updated. Hugs and xxxx. Sarah

Hi Sarah! You sound bright and chipper! OMG that phrase makes me feel 100 years old.. hahah but I am keeping it here so you can laugh at me too.
We had our sunshine yesterday and we did some yard work, which helps remind me that I am still healing some of my parts in the right hip. the good part of that is the recovery from yard work is short and sweet.
You are 4 months post op! Sounds like you are doing well and I hope that hike becomes a reality today! I'm curious, after you hike, will you ice for a bit afterward?

Parents dealing with homeschooling and keeping the kids happy and occupied have garnered my respect, huge respect. Especially in my neighborhood, because they are ages 5-11.. that's a tough age to keep busy.
Keep up the good recovery work.. so glad to hear how active you've become.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom