Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Thank you so much for the 2 month anniversary messages!! @Layla @leejaa @Elf1 @Laskyd You are all so encouraging and thoughtful. Spring and Summer will be sweet. :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:

2 Month
Each week that passes brings me closer to less restrictions. I have been trying to master the stairs this past few weeks. Every other leg, like normal. Making steady progress going up and can do half a flight coming down. Made it up several times yesterday with no noticeable hip pain this morning! This one is 18 months in the making.

Still working on gait. Mostly off cane at home!! Working on side leg strength and knee stability before I can go any distance unassisted. Shin pain still there, but getting better with complete rest.

Range of motion is improving. Will be interested to see real ability when I don’t have 90 degree restriction.

Happy Thursday Hipsters!

Last edited:
Happy belated two months my friend...:happyfeet::happyfeet:

18 months...a long journey, for sure.:unsure:
Grace Under Pressure is what I think describes you.
Attitude counts for so much when facing adversity.
Proud to see you doing so well.
Onward and upward...:tada:

Happy two month anniversary!

Its so wonderful to hear you are progressing along so well.:cheers2:

Still working on gait. Mostly off cane at home!!

This part is like threading a fine needle I find. As I walk more off cane, more muscles seem to be building, and then complaining at night. Doesn't it feel so wonderful to be off cane for a bit?

I have been trying to master the stairs this past few weeks. Making steady progress going up and can do half a flight coming down. Made it up several times yesterday with no noticeable hip pain this morning! This one is 18 months in the making.

I find the stairs are getting a bit easier, too. It sounds like you are getting there!

and every other leg on stairs.

Still “bad leg to hell, good leg to heaven” one leg only on the stairs, up or down, with the cane, to support the new hip. It is getting easier to do.

I can go “off cane” for a bit in the kitchen where there are easy things to grab, if I must. Maybe down a hall. Then back to the recliner to let those muscles rest.

I do not want to leave you with a wrong impression. I have learned, only to do so much, lest I invite pain. :no-fin: And the pain will resurrect itself just as I am going to sleep. Funny how that happens. I am guessing you know this challenge much better than I do.:bow:

Good Saturday morning! I remember how nervous I was about coming down the stairs foot over foot, and then the best thing happened: I did it unconsciously and when I wound up on that next step, I stopped and realized I did it! Isn't that one a huge milestone?

Continue to enjoy each and every small step toward total recovery....you definitely deserve it. xox

Sarah! I missed your 2 month anniversary!! I hope you've had a wonderful week, even though you a re on self imposed rest.
I'm thrilled to hear that you are going off your cane in your home.. you deserve those little victories.. and the little ones add up to big ones. :loveshwr:

Good morning all!

Thank you @Bfam85 I am happy to know you celebrated the stairs too. :yes: It is not automatic yet, I will look forward to that moment soon. I am happy with each tiny progress. Happy Sunday!

Hello @CricketHip Thank you! Hope you are having a relaxing weekend! I did take a week off from the gym. Park cane in morning at home, try to work on walking tall without it. Will head back this week after head cold decides to finally leave. Happy Sunday! :SUNsmile:

Cold be gone! Right now! Lol. Has it already been 2 months?! Wow! You deserve to celebrate every tiny progress-you’ve worked hard for it. Even though not everything is automatic for me as yet, enough is to be excited for it to soon be happening for you. Keep the faith, dear friend, as always. Sending continued healing blessings. ❤️

Hello @Hip4life Thank you so much for your message. Keeping the faith and walking the fine line of pushing forward without aggravating my knee. Hope all is well with you! ❤️

10 weeks today!
Big moments this week, walked 1/2 mile with my girlfriends holding my cane off ground, and only had to use it a little on the way back. We laughed and talked, good for the soul. Have walked in to and around Dick’s Sporting Goods this week several times. Left cane in car!! Still have a wobble the first 10 steps or so after sitting. Experimenting with different trainers to try to get my gait fine tuned. Knee is still swelling after I walk, so icing elevating after exercise.

One automatic thing I did was climb into car normally, not suppose to do this yet, so while thrilling, quickly reminded myself to slow down. Funny it happened, as it’s been well over 1.5 years since I could, so who knew brain even remembered?? Can also step into jeans without holding on to anything. Another thriller for me. It truly is the little things.

Wishing everyone a relaxing, pain free weekend!

go girl go.jpeg
What a great report! I put my jeans on sitting on the edge of the bed ... but I have always done that. I still need help putting my left sock on ... but soon won't need socks!

Keep up the good work ... I believe you have cracked it (no pun intended) this time Sweet Sarah. Keep up that positivity.

Sending love and hugs for a peaceful weekend.

Fim Semana Kitty.jpg Izzy xx

Oh, F4F...So so happy to read your post this morning. :egypdance:
Love Dick's Sporting Goods...bet it is fun to see all the toys you could play with..
What a great summer it will be.:SUNsmile:

Thank you all so much! @Elf1 @ceezee @Izabel @Mojo333

I should add a caveat to the jeans Ceezee. I can’t put on skinny jeans or workout leggings standing up. Just my loose boyfriend type jeans I wear to garden. Izzy, I do believe this is it this time! I am gobsmacked every time I can do something new. Yesterday it was pushing a heavy cart at Target.

Mojo love that you ❤️ Dick’s! I bet all those fishing polls and gear taunt you. :realing: New Brooks trainers are seeming to really help. The neutral arch is helping righty push through better. Odd, but my right foot has been complaining more than left, must have been walking weird on it all these months.

Feeling ever so grateful today.

:goodpost:Fantastic! :yahoo:What a great feeling!
I can’t put on skinny jeans or workout leggings standing up. Just my loose boyfriend type jeans I wear to garden.

Getting stronger!:happyfeet:
I am gobsmacked every time I can do something new. Yesterday it was pushing a heavy cart at Target.

I am so thrilled for you!

Wonderful wonderful update! Girl, we have waited a loooong time to see you post something like this and I could cry tears of joy for you.

I liked what you said about how the brain still remembered how getting into a vehicle used to be.. :heehee:
But please don't!
I remember the times when I realized I did a no-no.. what a rush of emotions.. haha

Wishing you a super Friday and a super weekend. I'm a Brooks fan, too. Currently wearing Asics..I tend to go back and forth with those two brands and love them both.

CONGRATS, KID! :loveshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks