Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

What a wonderful report post-surgery, @Fit4Family! Sounds like your excellent surgeon did his job and you now have a new, stable hip and are going home--or are there now--to recover and heal so that 2020 will be a wonderful year. 2019 was truly a tough year, especially these latter months, so I hope you can kick it to the curb with a smile and the confidence that things can only go up from here. You are a brave woman, and absolutely deserve to get trotting along on the recovery trail. I suspect this year's Christmas celebrations were muted at best, but next year--oh, my--you'll be able to celebrate with enthusiasm and that wonderful new hip! Cheers!

Hi @Fit4Family I loved catching up on your thread and reading that all went so very well and you are already home! That stem was one loose mess, wasn't it? I am so happy that you have a solid fitting one, now. Now please rest up and be a good patient. I know you will but I can't help it, I needed to say it. :heehee: I am an unabashed worrywart.
Seriously, I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I was to read how caring your surgeon is and how he called you on Christmas Day. That is so refreshing after your last experience. sigh

congratulations, dear friend.

I am beyond impressed that you have even been able to get on the forum and communicate at all! I was such a mess the first few days, I couldn't reach out, or even be reached by my own family. I went into hermit mode, as I often do when I am super stressed. So clearly you are right where you need to be, on the road to recovery, with so many positive vibes flowing your way. Karma....you give out so much positivity and now it is coming back to you:) :loveshwr:

Rest up my sweet! :sleeep: I too had low BP for several days, in fact it stayed nicely lowish for almost a month, despite my previous high bp condition. Glad you are home and hopefully this recovery will be a breeze compared to the grief you've had to endure thus far. No more! Onwards and upwards! :thumb:

Good Morning All, :wave:

Day 2 post op and feeling so much better than last two surgeries. A stable hip is truly a miracle. Have not felt so sure footed since my fracture August 2018.

For those Super Novas waiting. Highly recommended the spinal block with sedation. I have no symptoms from anesthesia. Only the usual swelling, constipation and log leg. So much better than a swinging stem. Knee is the most obvious improvement. Had felt like I was walking on dislocated knee. Now just swollen. Happy Days are here again!

Slept pretty well last night. Went to sleep a 7:30. Got up every few hours to stretch, but didn’t need any help. Our daughter was up late, and changed out my ice twice before she went to bed.

Also have not taken Oxycodone since first night. Tramodol, Celebrex and Tylenol keeping pain at 3.

Thank you so much for all your messages and support. ❤ Remarkable how good I feel. I do know day 4 and 5 will be rough, but wow so much better than I even hoped for.

Happy Saturday!!

You certainly sound like you’re off to a great recovery! Just don’t get too carried away and overdo. Slow and steady recoveries are the way to go as I’m sure you already know. Sending good wishes your way!

Good morning! I am doing backflips over here! So happy you can feel a difference already.. you must be so relieved.
Just stay out of grocery stores for the time being.. :flabber:
Do you have the aqua seal bandage? Are you able to shower when you are up to it?

Was so pleased to read that your cup and liner, etc were in good shape, less upheaval for sure!

So, rest up dear one.. and assume the position :ice: :roseshwr:

Happy, happy Saturday, Sarah! You know that I loved the spinal and sedation combo. I, too, got the best relief with Tramadol, Tylenol, and Celebrex. And of course elevation and ice!!! I remember those days 4 and 5 or should I say, I try to forget them. Lol. I was not the most pleasant person to be around, as I recall. But at least you are aware and won’t be blindsided. I ordered a large reuse-able ice pack from Therapeutic on Amazon. It has straps so you can even wear it although I didn’t need to do that. It stays cold a long time and “recharges” quickly in the freezer. It covers pretty much the whole hip/thigh area that needs icing. Anyway, so happy that things are going so well. We’ll keep walking right beside you and cheering you on. As E.T. would say: “Be good.” :) ❤️

So happy to hear you are home and about your surgery and time in hospital! Well done!
So glad it is going well. Take it easy and wonderful you are done now and can focus on recovery. Each day will get easier as you know. Sending you a big hug and easy healing.
Leslie

I do know day 4 and 5 will be rough

Please don't count on this. I heard / read the same and waited,
and waited :bored: and it honestly DIDN'T happen. If it does, you have your ice and your meds to fall back on.

You're doing great! It's such a blessing. No anathesia hangover, you're sleeping well, you're already noticing you feel better than the last two recoveries, with a greater sense of stability than before. It is so encouraging. I'll bet envisioning that bright future is becoming easier.
Twenty-twenty will be the year of new beginnings. :happydance:
Have a wonderful weekend!

Wonderful to hear @Layla I hope to just continue improving. Thank you so much for all your prayers and encouragement. I am positive that was the difference this time. I am even comfortable in bed. Just elevate my head and use a small pillow between legs. I am used to sleeping on my back now, so that helps too.

Thank you so much Leslie! @lotusbuds Big hug right back at you. Hope you had a fun birthday! Pretty amazed how good my hip feels now. It was a mess.

So glad I looked into spinal with sedation, not having those symptoms truly life changing for recovery process. My body just doesn’t like the heavy drugs. Ice works just as well for pain. I will be good. Thank you so much for waking beside me. Means so much @Hip4life

You be careful with those back flips @CricketHip Lol. I am pretty giddy too. Tried to be positive as I could but was worried. I had my first shower today, even washed my hair! He used a waterproof bandage and No staples. He removed some scar tissue too, so hope it heals up nicely in there. Ice has been constant companion, it helps so much. Happy Saturday! ❤️

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom