Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Good morning Sarah! I am so pleased that you are sleeping well. That will help your body recover mentally and physically from this latest turn of events and you will go in fighting mode for for this revision...
I need to update my thread, my surgery update is overdue. I saw the OS this week.
I'm late for work so my update will be delayed a bit longer.. :banana-santa:
But I am doing well overall.. I've hit a patch of tiredness.. a large sized patch.

Be especially careful about putting too much pressure under your arms when using the ‘American’ crutches. That can make your hands go numb with nerve damage which is difficult to eliminate. Your hands may hurt from where you hold them but the underarm pressure is worse for you.

Thank you @ceezee Really appreciate the warning. I have them lower than armpit, but will look into pinched nerves. My right arm is very sore from 16 months of assistance devices, so I don’t want this to get worse.

Good morning, sweet friend. Catching up. So glad you are getting sleep now. I had eventually asked OS on one of my visits before return to work about something for sleep. It was such a God-send. I had to laugh about the new skills you get to add to your repertoire. We have added quite a few in the past year or so, haven’t we? Something good from something bad? Knowing you, you will be helping so many others through their challenges with your beautiful grace and light (and accrued knowledge. :heehee:)
It is lightly snowing here this morning putting me even more in the Christmas spirit. I’m glad you’re keeping things simple and in perspective so you can enjoy the holiday as much as is possible while awaiting your surgery. I already received my Christmas miracle and you will soon as well. Keep the faith and hope. We’re still right there with you. baby-jesuschristmas-angel

Oh, sleep--we are all obsessed with a good night's sleep, aren't we? But nice to read, @Fit4Family, that you seem so far--knock on wood--to be enjoying better rest. And while I am sure you're struggling as you face your upcoming surgery, I will think positive thoughts about this sleep really helping you cope these last weeks to help you manage the holiday madness and then sashay into surgery confidently and reasonably well rested. And I agree with everyone else, very cute holiday avatar! Happy Saturday!

Last edited:
Sounds so peaceful to be watching it gently snow outside @Hip4life

Some of my funniest skills are too personal to share here, but yes it’s a repertoire I never imagined learning. I am so encouraged by your report from your doctor. Mine has known me for years and as he said, This is not good, you are exhausted, Truth. I am feeling so much better after three nights in a row of consistent sleep. Makes pain much more tolerable.

christmas-angel Excited to see what next year will bring. ❤️

Wow, just read through your entire thread @Fit4Family - what a journey you have had. Gosh, I'm amazed by your continued upbeat attitude, pretty sure I would've been madder than a wet hornet (as my dad used to say).

Will be thinking about you as Christmas comes and your next surgery date arrives. I have had my left hip operated on 3 times through the same incision (all in a 7 month time period). They did bring in a plastic surgeon to close up last time as I had quite a dip in the incision (probably could have held marbles for my grandsons!)

Prayers for healthy (happy) next couple of weeks!

Kim

Hello @NanaKP Kim,

Absolutely love that line; “madder than a wet hornet“. Lol. That is wonderful and yes, I have been feeling a whole range of emotions. Mostly hopeless.

I am so sorry that you have been through so much too. Really appreciate your mentioning plastic surgeon closing up. I am going to ask. I don’t want to carry this reminder for life. Leg is pointing completely to side now, so I am anxious to put this behind me.

Thank you so much for your prayers Kim. Hope you have a lovely holiday. Sarah

Think I may use one crutch on recovery side rather than cane because it’s far easier to stand up straight.
I was discharged from hospital over here in UK with 2 crutches (the metal lower arm ones). I eventually went down to one, then none. Agree you can stand up straight but you still need to focus to do it. You can slouch on them too, so ....head up and heel toe! :thumb:. Good luck preparing for your hopefully final surgery soon, and have a relaxing Christmas by that gorgeous tree. :plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:

Mostly hopeless

Hello.jpeg Sweet Sarah

Please, never feel hopeless! We have to be positive on this ride. It is only our own mental strength that will get us through ... of course, with a little moral support from our friends scattered around the world. :friends:

Peaceful week.jpeg Izzy xx

Helpful observation @Calgal My issue right now is that my hand is very strained. It’s just been so long so my strength is not great there. PT said to use tennis ball and work on shifting hand position. Slouching sure comes easy when we are tired, sleep is really helping.

Thank you @Izabel Very much appreciate all the support here. Keeping as hopeful as I can manage right now. Sleep is definitely helping bolster me.

11 days and counting. Another ice storm here today. Be safe everyone.

Ten day count down. :new-year-toast-smiley-emoticon:

I am so grateful to be spending Christmas with my family. In truth I am getting more anxious as the 27th approaches. Have last surgical consult today by phone. Really appreciate how quickly and professionally my OS responds to lingering questions. Feeling worried as last two surgeries were emergencies so I had little choice. This time is on me. A bit daunting. Pain is rapidly progressing so I know I need to trust in my decision, as ten days seems long right now.

Warm wishes to all my hipster friends.

:hi:
You know it can't fix itself...though I'm sure you wish you could pull an ostrich and stick your head in the sand.
I know you have known for a while that this was not getting better, in fact - worsening...so though there is an anticipatory period this time...still not entirely your choice.
You seem to be otherwise healthy and strong... and will do well!
Wishing you comfort and Peace about this revision, @Fit4Family :console2:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks